how many ppl out there are lonely?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by darkblood, Nov 24, 2004.

1. darkblood

darkblood New Member

hell-o
    to all who are reading this..
    i am the loneliest person out there i wonder how many ppl out there feel the same
  2. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Yeah, I get pretty lonely to when no one is around, then I go to the movie theater where there are people to keep me company.
  3. vbrio

vbrio Lavander Lassie Staff Member Moderator

i do get lonely on and off...and to cheer me up...i often go shopping
  4. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

That's a good way to deal with your loneliness and you can meet other people whilst shopping too! ...well it's good 'cept if you don't have a lot of money... :laugh2:
  5. vbrio

vbrio Lavander Lassie Staff Member Moderator

well...window shopping then....;)

but shopping in bargain markets helps stretch the money a bit...:laugh:
  6. bathwater6

bathwater6 New Member

I might be but I'm too busy
  7. Si

Si Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

*moved to chit chat forum*
  8. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

I've been lonelier than the norm lately.... but that's cause I'm stuck at home...

Feel free to send me your IM contacts darkblood and maybe we can entertain one another on occasion.... ;)
  9. urgettingold

urgettingold New Member

lonely

umm...well i guess when im lonely i usally listen to music and it makes me feel better when im alone but after a while when its an everyday thing my parents make me take a prozac a day... i hope u feel better darkblood...even though i dont no how saying i feel lonely too would make it better...
  10. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Well then, here's to feeling sorry for ourselves! :drink: ;)
  11. steel-angel

steel-angel New Member

I get lonely alot! Like today for instance I staYED home lalone ALL DAY cause I was sick and stuff! I was so lonely and bored! When I get lonely I usually sing to myself or my dog or cats Sometimes I even have converations with them. lol! I feel like they really can hear me and understand what i'm saying. lol.
  12. jeaniesing

hehhee,,,, but don't you love how dogs look like they're trying so very hard and sincerely WISH they understood what you were saying?

Cats, on the other hand, watch you for a few moments in hopes that you will offer something of value to them... be it a treat or a scritch... but when its not forthcoming they get on with their bathing ;)

Edit: :ah: Upon rereading I realize it sounds as though I don't like kitties... not true, not TRUE! I entirely admire their elegance and beauty... and always feel honored when my kaitykitty deigns to approach me for attention ;)!
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  13. steel-angel

steel-angel New Member

^ ^ LOL! I LOVE cats! Particulary more than dogs but my one kitty thats in the house right now is an attention whore! You take your eyes off of her for one second and she jumps oon the computer and gives you this adorable look and you can't help but take a few minutes to pet her! ^ ^ She's is eating at the moment! SHe's also a piggy! ^ ^ lol!
  14. G-man

She sounds like my dog! But she seems to use all that piggin' out for extra energy that she just really doesn't need! :laugh2:
    ...but she's not feeling so well right now the poor girl... she has this habit of biting her nails and well *ahem* it really was not pretty to say the least! But another thread as I'm getting off topic a bit...

...and I know exactly what you meant Jeanie!
  15. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

I feel lonely too sometimes, maybe beacause I can be missunderstood. When I'm lonely, I write. It helps me, and I usually write better stuff when I'm depressed.
  16. jeaniesing

That's not off-topic... she, like the rest of us, is probably craving attention at those moments... :laugh:

I know that vet's offices offer a bitter solution meant for preventing such things... unfortunately the dog who I needed to use the bitters on (she had cut her paw romping in the woods and wouldn't stop licking it to let it heal) was the super-schnauzer who wouldn't play fetch unless the stick was over 5 feet long and once found a stick that had been thrown for her even though it was 30-40 feet abve her head stuck in the treees
    (we were on a slope), Spent balmy days swimming with the beavers in the pond beside the house, treed unsuspaecting bears by sneaking up on them and putting one her ferocious act.... AND would lick cayenne pepper off the palm of my hand :rolleyes:... and not just once.... she liked the stuff.....

ended up getting her the booties that they make for hunting dogs

Mandy is still young.... take one of her favorite toys and play fetch throwing the ball up or down the steps.... We did that with Cinder as a pup to tire her out... now when she gets bored she'll throw her own toys down the steps and chase them... I HAVE to get it on tape... I KNOW!
  17. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

Sometimes lonely is good...depends on who you're lonely from I think! ...I'm never really lonely, I'm just surrounded by people I don't wanna be surrounded by and I wish certain people were there with me...
  18. G-man

Jeanie that sounds just like Mandy! Yes she loves cayenne pepper... habanero sauce you name it... nothing works there to keep her from chewin... the last was underneath the bed... wood chips everywhere!

Oh, and it doesn't look like a gorey crime scene anymore... :ah: (I could only imagine if someone came to the door and peeked into the window and saw that!) I'll see in the morning if the couches can be saved for certain... if not... I'll have to go do some more furniture shopping! Mandy is doing fine now... still a bit subdued but ... the bandages should come off soon then she'll have to wear some lil' boots for awhile... but then she'll have to have some more working with a professional trainer or something... she could use a little more training too... I'll find out more about her when we go back to the vet... she has some other habits that she needs to break too...

Lonely is good sometimes absolutely... I believe we all need to experience a little of it and any other emotion every now and then but too much of anything isn't good... I find I can better think creatively in seclusion... which is what I do in the garden... a bit cold now, rather the conservatory, or the wine cellar... or well about anywhere... somwhere I can relax and forget about everything in the present.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  19. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Why thank you! I appriciate that! ;)

Actually, cats are probably my favorite animal, but I'm sure you could have figured that out. :p
  20. J_iceman

J_iceman Grand KING Master Iceman

if you guys only knew, being lonely is the story of my life...yeah try 7 years, yeah 7 years since i had a REAL relationship :-( i just dont understand woman !! why dont woman just tell us guys what they want and NOT give us signs or tease us as if we donr deserve to be human or something , dam it it just makes me mad... tell us black and white what you want, write it down if you need to, i just WANT TO KNOW!!! *sings* i want to know what turns you on, i want to know, so i could be all that and more, and i like to know, what makes you cry, so i could be the one that always makes you smile, ooh tell me, tell me,tell me what i got to do to please you, baby anything you say i'll do, cuz all i only want to make you happy, from the bottom of my heart is true, tell me what i got to do to please you, baby anything you say i'll do.....