how often i have to post 5 requests ?

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by gulli, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gulli

gulli New Member

Hi folks.

Since a few days ago i am a registered user. I send 5 good midi files here (1 professional file).

The good thing, I was able to download midifiles. The bad thing, if i was going on searching my post. But, there is new window that means there is no post from you.
    What !?! I written 5 posts. I thought o.k., it will take a while `til the posts are in here .

Today i logged in and saerched for a midifile i need. I fond it and want to download this file.

What the f$/&$ hell must i see.
    A new window that means i have to make 5 Posts/request the i can download..... :confused2

And the files i posten at beginning are not at all to find here. Where are they and where are my posts ?

Any help
    gulli
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

You have a post count of only one. Where are your sent MIDI files?
  3. gulli

gulli New Member

Hi Zandro.

That`s my question too. Where are the sent midi files ??

I`ve sent them in the "New song" Board.
    I don`t find any posts from me when i search for gulli in the user field.

I wondering why i find only this new thread now.

In the faq is written that all new midi files are proved from moderator.
    If they`re in the archive or anywhere else in this board the files can not insert in this board.

I`m sure that my postet files are not in the archive and not in the data base.

That`s Ozzy Ozzbourne - mama i´m comming home (professional), B.B.King - sweet sextenn (and two other) and G`n`R- sweet child of mine (a great file, listen to the guitar).

That are five posts so i could download fles.
    Today i`d like to download a file and it don`t work.

I have to post five times again.

Why ?

bye
    gulli
  4. mojocojo2000

mojocojo2000 New Member

I seem to have the same problem too...
  5. Inspectah9d9

Inspectah9d9 New Member

i have gotten that too, i tried making a new acount today to see if that fixes things
  6. ExOrCizT

ExOrCizT New Member

a moderator prolly deleted ur post count (cuz u got 2 now) because you were spaming in threads instead of helping them... post a couple more Legit posts and then you will beable to dl stuff....
  7. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

The files posted in the New Songs area have to be approved by a moderator before they are actually visible and counted as active posts. If the files you posted were already in the HitTrax database, the posts would not have been approved and would be deleted. I'm not sure what the case is for you particularly, since I'm not a moderator in that forum. Another mod might be able to further clarify things.

ZR
  8. gulli

gulli New Member

good morning

@ exorcizt
    I sent 5 really good midi files here in a midiboard and that is spaming.....
    Excuse but i have to laugh now... My intension was to help other users to get good midi files.

@ zelriptha
    Once again... The files i`ve sent are NOT in the HitTrax database and not in the archive.
    The only file that is in the Board is "sweeet child of mine" from guns`n`rose but it`s so crappy..... so i though i sent a good one.

bye
    gulli
  9. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Okay, gulli. (Sorry if I was repeating stuff you already knew.) It sounds like the files have not been approved for display yet. If you are interested in being able to download files soon, you might just make posts in a few more topics that interest you. It is not necessary to upload files in order to fulfill your 5 post requirement. (In other words, just chit chat or asking questions will count as well.) :)
  10. gulli

gulli New Member

@ ZelRiptha

Thanks for your answer.

Now i have 5 posts again :)

bye
  11. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Gulli - I saw and deleted some of the files you posted. The problem was that they did not fit the "new" song idea that our founder, tavenger5, tries to keep in the New Song forum. Although we are very interested in you sharing your MIDI wealth on MB - we prefer if you share in answer to someone else's request rather than everyone making MB a storage facility for older files (in the interest of database size!). I realize that some mods who approve files are less picky than I and we are constantly working to standardize our approval process.

Again - thanks for your time and trouble, I hope we see more of you on the site!
  12. gulli

gulli New Member

Hi jeaniesing.

Thanks for your explanation.

I thought "New Song" means songs that are not in the board.

Now i understand - you want really new songs there (New Song).

I hope there is a forum called "Other Midis" or "Old but Gold" coming soon.

I`ve a lot of good midis i want to share here...so i stay here in this board

Bye
    Gulli
  13. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

I can understand your confusion! Now that you've brought it to my attention I shall discuss the name of that forum with other Mods. By the way - I thoroughly enjoyed the BB King MIDIs before I delted them ;) Thanks :)

We do have a forum for Original compositions if you compose on your own! I'm afraid we try to discourage the 'old but gold' MIDIs except by request. As I said before, its simply a database size issue!
  14. ballin562

ballin562 New Member

How long can it take for a post to be approved? Do we have to post 5 replies or 5 midi files?
  15. Si

Si Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

If you stick around try reading the [.faq] section for answers to this and many other questions you're probably dying to ask.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.