How to get a midi with no vocals

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by Gonzo1982, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Gonzo1982

Gonzo1982 New Member

Hello, I'm new at doing MIDIs. I wondering if anyone could tell me how to take a Song that has been converted to .WAV and convert it to MIDI without any singing in the MIDI. Like what some of these people have. I'm guessing its software I need. But getting the vocals out confused me. Any advice?
  2. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

convert WAV to MIDI?

u cant--
  3. jessicag

jessicag New Member

well you can but it does not work very well. Why dont you just download the midi file to start with and then just mute the vocal section?;)
  4. karpin

karpin New Member

Any song available in .wav, I'm sure would be available somewhere in .mid. I have found so many midi sites all around the web and only been disappointed on a couple of occasions and that was with recent release songs. It's amazing what's out there with a bit of searching
  5. jrobertson

jrobertson board member

wav 2 midi

stop ! your wasting your valuable midi time trying to convert wav 2 midi its impossible programs such as digital ear and such like can only pick up a mono track and not to good either. just download the midi put searches on the site or request it someone will help you;)
  6. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

jrobertson is right!

wav and midi r TWO completely different things!!

MIDI is notation.. WAV is AUDIO... if that makes sense..
    bahh-- its too late. i cant be bothered explaining, but if some1 wants to finish what iv said.. they can.
  7. Gonzo1982

Gonzo1982 New Member

Thanks. I understand now.
  8. Gonzo1982

Gonzo1982 New Member

Anyone have any good MIDI sites they recommend?
  9. mooreweststud34

mooreweststud34 New Member

it is not possible...midi relies on the 128 sounds of a keyboard or sequencer, where .wav is realy acoustic instruments like real drums...therefore it isnt possible to convert.
  10. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

Gonzo, This is THE BEST Midi Site.

Just request any song you're after drongo. Geez, you can lead a horse to water....
  11. Trancetech.com

Trancetech.com New Member

By the sounds of it, Gonzo had the wrong idea of what midi is. Midi is not an 'mp3' or 'wav' file with the voices ripped out. It is usually an interpertaion of an orginal artists work. Or of course, written by the orginal artist themselves. Ex. I now a rock song real well. I could write a midi file for it. The midi file would consist of the notes for each instrument, the intruments, the note lengths, sustains...basic music scoring. Then someone could take this file and play it in a player like Winamp or open the file raw in a squencing program such as Logic audio, Cubase, Cakewalk, etc. In either program, the file just 'tells' the midi engine to play 'these' notes with 'this' midi instrument. The instruments are defined by what player is being used, and the midi set, usually GM (General Midi). Well, thats a quicky start for ya....
  12. Gonzo1982

Gonzo1982 New Member

Actually I know quite well what a MIDI is, I just wasn't sure if there was a semi simple way of going about getting a midi out of a song you hear. By chance you got a mp3 and wanted to get a midi of that song. I didn't know if there was such a thing of changing all of this to MIDI format. I realize the simple way would be to search your butt off till you found it on the net. But that would be to easy ;) But it looks like that will be the way I have to go. Being that I'm not much a music artist and don't know that much about using programs mentioned above. And for those of you that gave a respectable honest answer I appricate it. And for what Voice of God submitted kiss my :assskake:
  13. voice of god

haha good stuff gonzo thataway stick up 4 yourself.
    *50's gangsta voice* I like you kid ya got moxy

actually an even simpler way than searching your(well displayed) butt off would be to post a request for the song/s youre after in the request forum. Everyone here is always ready to help.

What I was getting at is you have found the BEST midi site your search is over.

What songs are you after, maybe I can help. Oh and by the way
    :moon:
  14. Gonzo1982

Gonzo1982 New Member

lol funny. Well I'm looking for a few Creed songs off of their new Weathered cd. (Signs, Weathered, Hide, and Don't stop Dancing) And one song from a new band called Stereo Fuse and the name of the song is Everything. You think you might be of some help?
  15. voice of god

hmmm... one last breath, bullets and my sacrifice are here on this site just had a quick search on the net for the ones you want but no luck I'll keep an eye out though.

might pay to post a request for the songs youre after in the request forum, posting name and songtitle in the heading you never no your luck around here
  16. Gonzo1982

Gonzo1982 New Member

Yea I knew about the one's you mentioned. I already got bullets and One last breath off of here. I posted a request for Stereo Fuse Everything. But not the other songs.
  17. voice of god

thought about trying to sequence midis yourself?
  18. Gonzo1982

Gonzo1982 New Member

19. voice of god

well, all midi files are created by someone. you could be a creator.

If I can do it, you can do it. Some of my work's in the self-sequenced forum.

It's the best(and most satisfying) way to get those hard to find files

1st step - get a midi editing program

if you download Logic Audio (from K*zaa) I can walk you through it step by step.

Its not as hard as you may think
  20. Gonzo1982

Gonzo1982 New Member

I've been trying to download that program. Not many people have it on Kazaa. Which verison do you have? 5.01 Seems to be the newest one. Hopefully I will be able to get it downloaded today sometime.