how to make .kar files?

Discussion in 'Karaoke Files' started by tribal_angel, Aug 13, 2003.

1. tribal_angel

tribal_angel New Member

can anyone help me on how to make .kar files? thanks
  2. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

Go to the seach board button below and search for "MAKE KARAOKE FILES" You'll get about 10 hits. Browse 'till you've got all the information and help you need.
  3. tribal_angel

tribal_angel New Member

thanks, u see what i want to make is a vcd karaoke and i want to do it in my comp. Can u tell me how can i start this thing? I have downloaded .kar files and i want 2 convert it to cdg files.
  4. geishokku

geishokku New Member

CDG?

What's a CDG? :confused2
  5. pigskinpork

pigskinpork New Member

A CDG is a C Documentation Generator file used in making karaoke discs having to two parts a mp3 <or cda> file and a graphic parts. This is used to get the graphic on a karaoke cd. To make cdg needs a cdg burner.
    To convert kar a files to cdg format is tough to do. You can either use a program like Power Karaoke which for what I have be told you can make cdg files but I am not sure if this would work since I don't have the program.
    Or you can use the long way to do via a Hypercam program and do the editing to make the output which is in avi format then convert it to a mpg file via TMPE or a similiar format and make sure you use either the PAL or NSTC format depending on your location and system you use. This is a long process cause it it down in real time and take a while to get use to.
    Other than that making a vcd of your kar file is almost impossible to do.
    If anyone else know a simpliar way to do this...please tell the world for the information is hard to find.
  6. laialyn

laialyn New Member

Vcd, I have made a few but not with kar, but I'm going to try thanks for info.