I Got a question?

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by Desirae, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Desirae

Desirae New Member

How hard is it to convert a wav or MP3 to a midi. Is the software worth the effort?
  2. GH011809

GH011809 New Member

i downloaded a couple different pieces of software, picked up a copy of one in Thailand, and to be honest, its not worth the effort, with the songs i tried, even following their advice, the midi sounded nothing like the song, maybe one day someone will figure something out
  3. youngbldz3

youngbldz3 New Member

yeh im sure if this was effective then there wouldnt be a problem finding a ringtone
  4. joeybeeside

joeybeeside New Member

you can use a piece of software called intelliscore. once it has converted a wav file to midi it is all over the place but u can get the basis of what you are looking for. i have used it a couple of times for a piano solo at the start of a song and it has done the job. you just have to mess about with it for a while.
  5. andrewparker

andrewparker New Member

i have found a couple of the mp3 to midi converters...but they all seem complicated to me...maybe its just me though...they came out faster than the original
  6. PaoloT

PaoloT New Member

you can really only do it when you have each part of the song soloed as it only converts into one instrument (ie. if you chose piano, it would convert the piano, drum, guitar etc all into piano). its really not worth the effort.