I need a new sound card...

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by DWJ, Jan 11, 2003.

1. DWJ

DWJ New Member

I have a digital piano and used to use it with my computer via a Turtle Beach Pinnacle sound card. I would "record" a piano track then add other things using difference voices (strings, drums, etc). I haven't done much for a number of years and want to get back into it. My sound card (ISA) won't work in my newer PC so am not sure what I should do. I just got a drum pad (Roland SPD-6) and don't really understand how to use it, my piano and my PC all together.

I was looking for a bit of direction... Should I look at a sound card or some other device. The local music shop was keen on selling me a USB device with audio inputs, etc.! I couldn't see how it would help me. I definitely have amateur objectives and would need to edit what I "record". I do want it to sound decent though. I recall not being very happy with the "voices" on my old sound card.

Kindly,

David
  2. Cain2060

Cain2060 New Member

get a Sb Live by creative it has a software that comes with it and it lets you right sheet music straigt from the line in (which is your keybord).

Ps your keybord does not even have to be a digital one
  3. LemonJuice

LemonJuice New Member

I use echo soundcards, and they seem to work pretty good, I dont like SB cards much cause they arent compatable with certain things like gigastudio....
    Chelsea
  4. DWJ

DWJ New Member

How are the patches on the LemonJuice card? Do you use any other hardware &/or software in order to augment or improve the quality of the patches? That's my biggest beef with all the sound cards I've heard.

David