I'm asking about some speakers.

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by midicreatore, Apr 20, 2003.

1. midicreatore

midicreatore New Member

Which is best to buy for vocal purposes? JBL or BEHRINGER?
    I was going for JBL but now I am not sure on what to purchase because they are both gr8 brands. :hit: :hit: :hit:
  2. Jobu

Jobu New Member

You're talking about PA speakers not studio monitors...right?

I'm guessing since you mentioned Behringer then you are talking about low line JBL, ie. TR or SF series in which case JBL might be an acronym for J(unky) B(ut) L(oud). IMO you might be happier with the Behringers. I have read the B's are a decent value but havent had a chance to listen to them myself yet. One thing I dont like about them is they are a tad inefficient at 95db @1w/1m. You also might look into Yamaha's Club series or Yorkville Pulse series, stay away from Nady low end speakers.

For vocals I would be looking at 12" cabs or a quality 10" (you have to be careful with ten inchers because there are so few made. A lot of the ten inchers are made for cost reduction rather than increasing quality. Also a quality 31 band EQ (read not an Alesis or DOD etc.) would be a wise addition.
  3. nbaker45

nbaker45 New Member

Yorkville Sound has always made great products for the working musician. Check out thier stuff. If it's for live performance, be sure to think about the powered ones, they're much more convenient. Don't forget Mackie - they're pretty good with powered stuff too. It's easier than lugging an amp rack around.

I'd stay away from any non-pro JBL stuff. You never know who actually made it... Yamaha's are good too. Then there's Fender and Peavey for the max watts/dollar. They don't always sound good, but they usually get pretty loud!

My advice - get the chance to listen to the cabinets with material that you know before you buy. Meaning take a CD that you like th sound on and listen to it through the cabinets. Most major music stores will let you do this. It's worth the trip if you have to travel.