Im havin a real bad day :(

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by Tony Scott, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Tony Scott

Tony Scott New Member

Scrap the last thread iv got roland working alongside cubase now but the has anyone encounterd a problem with sx of saving your work transfering it to another comp and the timing being completly Fu&*d? this is really gettin on my tits does anyone have any ideas????:borg:
  2. Tony Scott

Tony Scott New Member

ok iv worked out a bit......why is noone on here :( i think it is the new roland vsc i have listend and all the midi tracks using the vsc are being delayed by about half a bar. any ideas is it just a delay from cubase to roland and back? is it normal? can i stop it!!!!?:boink:
  3. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

oh I think thats called latency, Im sure theres a thread on this already, try the search button and look for cubase latency.......
  4. Tony Scott

Tony Scott New Member

thanks i think that may be what it is. like i said it only plays the vsc intrument tracks late all my other tracks i used like the a1 synth that you get with cubase and those work fine + the drum beats dont play the first note of each area. i wish you could just do a matrix and download all the info you needed straight into your head this learnin molaky is hurting me!!!:withstupi
  5. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

ha!~~~ I know what u mean....
  6. Tony Scott

Tony Scott New Member

HELP AGAIN PLEASE!!
    ok i just exported the song into mp3 and all the VSC instruments did not play so iv only got the other synths.......Im gonna put my fist through the screen in a second......i really dont think that my vsc is set up properly to run as a plugin for cubase can someone please give me some instruction! who'd have thought making music could be so damn frustrating :p
  7. superjake

superjake New Member

bad day

me too
  8. frchung

frchung New Member

The Roland VSC is a virtual synth, meaning that it makes use of your computer processing power (CPU) to create all the sounds by software. So the performance is dependent on your computer speed and memory.
    Unlike conventional hardware synth, the sound is generated external by a dedicated hardware, and there's hardly any latency.

About the VSC didn't play, double check the cubase setup for MIDI devices if it is still pointing to the VSC instead of the Midi Mapper or some other MIDI ports/devices. I use cakewalk here, and I have both VSC and external synth controlled via USB-MIDI, so I always check to which MIDI devices is the sequencer controlling.