Instrument sounds...

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by -Mm-, Oct 12, 2002.

1. -Mm-

-Mm- New Member

I've been listening to a lot of midis lately and i've come across this midi that uses a 'lead 1 (square)' instrument, and when i play it, it has a great sound and all, but then when i use this instrument it sounds totally different, even though it's using the same sound card...i want to know how they change the sound so i can use it...does anyone have any idea??
  2. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

theres plenty of ways to change the sound of the instrument.. i really hav to hear the comparison so i can tell u.. r u sure its JUST the sine instrument? "doubling" up one instrument with another is an easy way of changing a sound.. obvious of course--
  3. willi001

willi001 New Member

your input and output may be set to different things?Check what it is going in as and what it is being sent out as..
    Some pc's have a built in soundcard, and a slot in one if it has been upgraded. Make sure your onboard one is not working still for playback..
  4. -Mm-

-Mm- New Member

Thanks...

Thanks for the replys, but luckily i worked it out. :D What was happening is it was using a variation of the sound, and so i had to change the bank number to get it :D
    thanks anyways