Is Cakewalk Best?

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by CyberCat, Feb 28, 2003.

1. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Well, at lest I think it is.
    What do you guys think.
    Do YOU use Cakewalk or something else?
    Please tell me what you use and any opionions that you might have.

Thank you!!!

:thumbsup:
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy New Member

Digital Performer

I used cakewalk for quite some time but now I'm using Digital Performer and I'll never go back. It's just a superior program in my mind.
  3. MSchneider

MSchneider New Member

What is the homepage of Digital Performer. I have seen a lot of pro's are using that program .. ?
  4. Jonah

Jonah New Member

I've used Cakewalk creating and editing midis for 5 years. I think it's awesome. I've never used it with audio recording though as I have access to a digital multitrack recorder. So their maybe superior programs to do both. But Cakewalk is great for midis.
  5. DJC

DJC New Member

Hey i use Cakewalk and have been using it for years :) i've tried others (cubase, cool edit, orchestrator, etc.) but you'll be saving your money if you just stick with cakewalk... good interface and better control :
  6. an9eL

an9eL New Member

mabuhay DJC! i just want something that can make piano sheets? cakewalk does that?
  7. Lia

Lia New Member

I think that Cakewalk is really good when it comes to working with Midis. I am not overly impressed with recording capabilities, but for editing/making midis I love using cakewalk.
  8. commander

commander New Member

I think Cakewalk is best for people wanting an easy userfriendly interface, for example it has a search engine for patches (on 9 and Sonar) but Cubase has more depth, but most people never use these features
  9. commander

commander New Member

unless theyre top sound producers of course!
  10. The Skull

The Skull Power of the Force

me too
  11. arihalos

arihalos New Member

Well, I'm new here. I've tried Cubase and I was overwhelmed by the number of options! I do hope that Cakewalk is much simpler. Could you refer a website where I can download a demo version?
  12. kittenkj

kittenkj New Member

Cakewalk users

I cant comment on what is best because ive only got Cakewalk...hey im not that rich guys....ive been using it for a few months and i like it alot but its only just starting to like me if you know what i mean...GRIN. It has a tonne of features ive yet to use but am gradually finding more about. Im afraid im impatient when it comes to the step by step tutorial - there was a lot of stuff that i couldnt see the relevance of at first.

Ive got the transposing down now and i love how easy it is to edit files .....does anyone know an easy way to take blocks and add extras to song sequences ? Ive been stuck on that one.

Your help here is appreciated.

Kitten....:hit:
  13. Turbo

Turbo New Member

I've got CW HS2002 but am having trouble accessing Roland VSC. It won't download from my installation disk to my hard drive. Any suggestions out there?
  14. ericmarc80

ericmarc80 New Member

yeah man!!!!

hey man!! cakewalk is the best program in making a music,( if you are in the music industry) coz editting music is easyhere!!
  15. AcidX

AcidX New Member

What's CAKEWALK
  16. ducvader

ducvader New Member

Ya what is cakewalk?
  17. stevethnz

stevethnz New Member

I think it all depends on what you're trying to do. I have used Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 for some years now and it's excellent, I use Musiclab's Rhythm 'N'Chords guitar plug-ins which are made for both Cakewalk and Cubase. But all sequencers have strengths and weaknesses. There are a lot of variables, not the least of which is how much you want to spend.
  18. stevethnz

stevethnz New Member

What are the strengths of Digital Performer over Cakewalk. Especially with regard to midi plug ins.
  19. stevethnz

stevethnz New Member

For those who don't know about Cakewalk. It's one the leading brand of software midi sequencers. Not only that, but you can record live audio (real instruments and vocals) in conjunction with your midi. For more info visit www.cakewalk.com
  20. stevethnz

stevethnz New Member

Has anyone else used the Musiclab midi plug-ins with Cakewalk?
    I would be interested in hearing about the results they are obtaining with Rhythm'N'Chords or Slicydrummer plug-ins.