Is there a way to change the channels of an instrument?

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by TimD, Jun 2, 2013.

1. TimD

TimD New Member

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to move certain instruments to channels 3 and 4 of a MIDI file. It seems that my Instructional keyboard, a Casio LK-280 will only use those channels to provide lessons from the MIDI file. Any help would be great.

I do suspect I will likely have to buy software to change the channel, but of course, prefer not to. I do have a freeware program that runs on Windows 7 64 Bit. It is MidiEditor 2.5.0 but I have not found a way to change channels within that program.

I would appreciate any help.

-Tim Danielson
  2. TimD

TimD New Member

ok... I'm confused :(

perhaps something got lost in the translation? (I REALLY do hope that was an answer so I can expand my lessons on my keyboard.)
  3. TimD

TimD New Member

I hope this can bridge the language differences

Google cho biết câu trả lời đó là bằng tiếng Việt. Nhưng tiếc là nó không có thể dịch nó vào bất kỳ từ nào tôi có thể nhận ra. Tuy nhiên, tôi nghĩ rằng nếu bạn sử dụng Google để dịch nó sang tiếng Anh hoặc để nhân vật La Mã bảng chữ cái, tôi có thể hiểu được bạn.
  4. TimD

TimD New Member

Can anyone recommend software of any type that would allow me to change channels of instruments of midi files I find on the internet so that I may use them as tools to teach myself to play a particular piece of music? (I have Windows 7 64 bit, in case you didn't see above.)
  5. Awg721

Awg721 New Member

Hey guys,, well Im using Anvil Studio for changing chanels and instruments,, it works great for that an goin into the event
    list in view to change volume levels and stuff,, but it wont allow velocity changes or global volume control,, so Im allso usin
    Sonar 7 ,, which is pretty good with the combination,, "BUT" it wont do a global volume change,, at least I cant see one
    when I darken all the tracks in a midi file?
    SO, does anyone out there still usin midi files know of a soft that will do a global volume change without destroying the mix?
    And allso to change velocitys on each track,, do some of the old cakewalks do any of this?
    I have a large midi file collection if anyone needs some,, let me know?
    Thanks All