Is this forum abandoned?

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by Roskaposti, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Roskaposti

Roskaposti New Member

Hello? Is there anyone out there?

<static>

If you can hear this, please respond! The zombies have taken over most of the forum. I am alone, but I have rations and weapons.

Ok, zombie apocalypse references aside...

Hello. I'm a new guy here. First, I have to admit I made an account just to download one midi file that I couldn't find somewhere else, but I was actually a bit distraught when I saw that pretty much all the recent posts are nothing but spam.

These internet ghost towns sort of make me feel a bit despondent - people have put effort on stuff, then for some reason or other it ends up first abandoned, then falls out of use altogether, stops being updated or maintained and just sits on some server, unaccessed, alone...

Are there still any actual users on this board? I have a small collection of midi files that I have accumulated over the years.

I mostly use TiMidity++ with appropriate soundfont for listening to MIDI files, but occasionally I use a sort of-working MT-32 emulation via loopMidi, although only some MIDI files actually play back properly on it.

I don't know what it is that appeals to me in MIDI files. Maybe it is the idea that they are basically notation and the computer is left to produce the sound from it... or maybe I just like that MIDI sound, if you know what I mean. In some cases I think MIDI files represent the music more than any individual performance. I also like chiptunes, mostly for the same reasons that I cannot properly quantify.

<static>

If no one ever reads this message... I guess it will remain in the tomb of Internet, until the server is put down or wiped.
  2. Bogget

Bogget New Member

Well im pretty much like you but now i hve found this forum if anyone is still alive i will stay,....er.....is anyone alive?

Bogget
  3. Roskaposti

Roskaposti New Member

I'm alive. Hello.
  4. Bogget

Bogget New Member

Looks like just me and you then?????

Bogget
  5. Roskaposti

Roskaposti New Member

Yeah... apparently the zombies have eaten all the other users. It's only a matter of time before they post on this thread too.
  6. Bogget

Bogget New Member

Oh no there's a noise at the door there here......................:crazy:

Bogget
  7. rich32822

rich32822 New Member

It's just me. I thought I was the only one. Thank God. Other Midites
  8. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

Hi everyone - the forum has been neglected for a bit, yes. I will be working to clean up a lot of the spam in the next couple weeks.
  9. Bogget

Bogget New Member

Hi John, yes that would be good move some of the bodies, that one over there behind the door looks like someone has been chewing his arms.

Be nice to have a nice clean midi site again, oh Jersey used to go there every year.
    The Aberfeldy in Old St Johns Road, named after you i assume?

Bogget
  10. PDG308

PDG308 New Member

Hi all!! I am another newb to this board. This is my first post.

Is this the best place to introduce myself?? Well, why not??

I am an Army Musician and I have never REALLY made a midi. I use LOTS of midis to write music for my different ensembles. Some are really easy for me and some are very tough to do, so I thought I would join up here and see what I could learn. I use Finale music writing program to transfer midis to sheet music and vice versa. I dont know another way to do it really.

Outside of my career as a musician I am a CAR NUT!!! I saw the car forum down below, but it looks pretty well abandoned as well. I have four cars including a Trans Am (my first car) and a Ferrari (my dream car). I also own a couple of SUVs for family/gear haulers.

Anyway, I am going to poke around a little bit, but would be happy to hear from anyone else who is around.

Ciao!!!

PDG
  11. U-110

U-110 Member

This is good news!!!
  12. dietspam

dietspam New Member

I'm alive, what's with all the ugg boot posts?
  13. stratman01

stratman01 New Member

You are not alone... the date, Jan. 27, 2013, and I too am here seeking rare midi files. I actually got lucky today - several Mumford & Sons files that I hope work out. Maybe we can trade some files? Try me at ericm@shaw.ca
  14. Sequenzzer

Sequenzzer New Member

RAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

MIDI brains!!!!!!!!!

RAAAAAAAAAAAARGH....too small....grrrrrrrrrrr...mooooorrrrreee!

lol
  15. taotaoali

taotaoali New Member

I am an Army Musician and I have never REALLY made a midi. I use LOTS of midis to write music for my different ensembles. Some are really easy for me and some are very tough to do, so I thought I would join up here and see what I could learn. I use Finale music writing program to transfer midis to sheet music and vice versa. I dont know another way to do it really.
  16. tavenger5

So the entire site has been overhauled. See the announcement forum :)
  17. Denis Hillman

Denis Hillman New Member

Greetings midi fans
  18. lostdave

lostdave 'EVIL' Mod

Hmmm haven't set foot in here for a while....
  19. tavenger5

Good to see ya Dave :)