Issues With Cpu Performance(cubase Sx3)

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by HAVEY, Jun 14, 2005.

1. HAVEY

HAVEY New Member

have cubase sx 3 reason 3.0 ab synth stylus rmx.I had a computer built just for music,pc pentium 4,no internet,m-audio 1010 sound card.when I start laying out my track , after ten or so tracks,some vst and some rewire the cpu hits around 90 percent .what can I do to get the performance I need to make the tracks I want to make.I usually make it around half way through the track!I have tried adjusting the buffer size,sample rate ,and nothing seems to work.do you think its my sound card or what? HELP!?!?!PLEASE
  2. terymar

terymar New Member

Issues With Cpu Performance (cubase Sx3etc.,)

Hi, you dont say what speed of processor you have,or the amount of ram you are using . The only way to identify where your memory is going ,or which part of your system is taking first bite of the cherry so to speak., is to do the following whilst your using cubase etc., is to press-- ctl,alt ,delete, which will bring you to part of the windows system which will show you what is really going on in your pc. You wll be amazed of what could be running in the background.
    You can never have enough ram(you should try to maximise this by having the largest size say 250 or 500 spread equally over the four slots -giving you say 1gb or 2gb).
    Try checking your asio to see what your buffer size is .
    And finally check to see that you have the most up-todate drivers for all your components.
    Consider the advantages between your usb 1 &2 conections or firewire if you use this.
    Its worth looking at the amount dsp you are using at any given time as this soaks up your cpu like sponge.
    Regards., terymar

*Zandro plucks out terymar's caps lock key
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2005