Its all good

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by furyx, Feb 15, 2005.

1. furyx

furyx New Member

Well ppl tell us how ur going with ur mixing!!!
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Well... I just finished an 85MB grand piano SoundFont from one-third of the recorded samples in the University of Iowa sound archive, cleaned and restored. You can download it here, if you sign up for a free 50MB Xdrive account.

Listen to some demos with this M3U.
  3. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Nicely done, Zandro! Very nice, clean piano sound. Can this font be played by SynthFont? Or would I have to actually own some Creative hardware?
  4. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Thank you! Yes, you can use the SoundFont with SynthFont. I actually recommend the software over the hardware in this instance, for the EMU-10Kx engine is prone to outputting clicks under high polyphony consisting of large samples. But, I have to be honest and say some clicking is also present in the samples themselves, as they were very poorly recorded in the start. I cleaned up much of it, but the rest is too much to bother for an alpha release such as this.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  5. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

6. Zandro

Zandro New Member

This is how the piano samples sounded originally. http://www.boomspeed.com/zandro/ppDb.m3u

I don't want to restore any more. :mad:

Those are fine pieces for testing. I can use them for the next round of UOI sample compilations I am planning.