iTunes Hack

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bnjiman80, Dec 10, 2003.

?

Should he have hacked iTunes?

1. Yes! I want those tunes for free; and/or, they can't stop us file-sharing!

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No! Its unfair on everyone else; and/or, this will hamper online music distribution

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. bnjiman80

bnjiman80 Tangled Up In Blue

Hi everyone!

I just read about Jon Johanson's program QTFairUse that hacks Apple's encrypted iTunes (downloadable at 99cents) and allows them to be copied.

I think this is case of biting the hand that feeds you. It seems like many music fans want companies to invest in internet distribution so specific songs can be legally downloaded at low cost. Apple's website might have been developed in future to give fans other benefits once they had purchased a song, like online interviews with a band, early access to tickets etc etc.

I think Johnanson was wrong to release this program since it sends a message to corporations that more costly copy-protection needs to be developed - which could lead to less revenue from music sales being directed looking for new artists.

I wouldn't have used the service myself, but symphathise with legal iTunes customers.

What do you think? :p
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2003
  2. X-Factor

X-Factor vvv Look it's Billy Hunt!

personally, i think these artists and the record companies need to stop b**chin. they all have more money than 75% of the population. don't be so god d**n greedy

Ok my rant is over
  3. Ghost13

Ghost13 New Member

LOL!!! Never heard about this until now. There will always be a way around these dumb programs. Bootlegging will never die. They have to live with that.

These music companies could put that money into some better artists so there would be a good album to actually buy.