just getting started--again

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by joeb1, Jun 19, 2003.

1. joeb1

joeb1 New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just starting out or trying to get back into midi, HELP PLEASE!, i feel better now, just purchased pa80 , to help get the fingers going again,its working i think. don"t even know which files will work with this board.
    Looking for computer software and audio card for -midi, audio recording form mixer, easy and good quality,-protool?, delta 10/10?, sonar xl? any suggestions.joeb1
  2. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Greetings,

I've had luck with Cakewalk, and a free sequencer, Winjammer. As far as audio software, I haven't done enough work to know what's good and what's not. I used to keep up carefully with midi and audio card technology, but since MIDI music faded from the computer gaming scene, computer MIDI gear has stopped advancing as rapidly. I've still got SB16s with Yamaha DB50XG daughtercards, and I use the Yamaha SoftSynthesizer X-YXG50 on my Windows XP system (no ISA slots!). That PA80 looks like a fairly nice synth, I hope you enjoy it!

ZR
  3. joeb1

joeb1 New Member

Thanks,pa80 falls under the heading of an arrange keyboard. press a chord fills in the back ground. First soft key 61, i owned, smaller keys take awhile to master, i have fat fingers, thinking about midi to the old 01w/pro x,and use these keys. going to try using the midifiles with lyrics--board is set up with a bigger lcd for that reason---time to start to reading the manual---on the sequencer and try to load the midi files--thanks for your reply, joeb
  4. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

I might be coming on too elementary for you here..... (just shut me down if you need) ...but I started with a sequencer that was MIDI capable... plugged it into the sound card of the computer I had at the time via the joystick port.... set the software to record (had to sync metrenomes) and voila, I had MIDIfiles! It was the trial and error system but it certainly worked....

Have you already gone through the bumbling luck part??
  5. M.O.T.E.

M.O.T.E. New Member

Whqt can i say other than CAKEWALK! Music creator 2002 or 2003 is one of the best. Same Midi software as Sonar. except that it only open one midi window at time (16tracks)
  6. joeb1

joeb1 New Member

i started back in 1992,cake walk was using DOS, but the seq in the 01w/prox was better and easier than that program, did several song, all in the korg--they were ok,but this put midi on hold until cake walk came out with serveral upgrades intro audio recording--- computer sound cards really could hand much top end coming from live recording from mixer,it blew sometime up, gave up the computer work until now--getting together with my old buddy with the guitar---so i have been through many phases of computer software--going to try again--pa80 was to get my interest back to playing---trying to get fat fingers moving again, it helps when the sounds your listening to is unbelievable,-- the sax will make you cry