.kar files in Cakewalk Pro Audio

Discussion in 'Karaoke Files' started by Conor, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Conor

Conor New Member

Does anyone know if you can open .kar files in Cakewalk pro audio so that you can edit mistakes in lyrics?
  2. midiprog2000

midiprog2000 New Member

Hi Conor,

Yes, you can. Rename the *.kar file to *.mid, and you'll be able to open it in Cakewalk.

You won't be able to save it as a *.kar file, but you can save it as a *.mid file with synchronized lyrics. Karaoke players like Van Basco are able to show the lyrics from *.mid files with lyrics.

Kind regards,
    Alain
  3. wdonaire

wdonaire New Member

whats that??? I dont know much about software... help me
  4. fidelio

fidelio New Member

Easy like one, two, three.

1.Go get Karakan v4: freeware, and you don't even have to install it in your system.

2.Open Karakan, go to the menu "File" and select "Import Karaoke"

3.You have to identify to Karakan which track (flute, guitar, piano, voice Aah etc) is used to produce the Vocal (melody).

And that's its, the lyrics come up in a big window, go ahead and edit the words the way you like.

Remember one thing: the hyphen (-) is your best friend: use it to separate syllables if necessary, add it to make the melody notes hanging over the same syllable.
  5. Conor

Conor New Member

Thank you Alain.
    Yes changing the .kar to .mid worked for me in Cakewalk ProAudio.
    So now I can change the odd mis-spelt word or change the lyric completely if need be. I am using VanBasco karaoke player with children in a school so it's good that the spellings are correct for them
    Thanks again,
    All the best,
    Conor
  6. McflyRock

McflyRock New Member

does anyone know how to get the karaoke files to work they won't work for me :(
  7. kaz1661

kaz1661 New Member

Is there a good program which will convert a kar file directly into a midi file to play in say Cakewalk ? I've tried quite a few times to just rename them, but then they won't play in Cakewalk. Any help appreciated.

:boink: