Korg m1

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by lazygal, Jun 2, 2002.

1. lazygal

lazygal New Member

I just bought a korg m1 and am new to the whole midi thing. I was wondering how I go about hooking the system up to my computer and what software is good to start with to get up and running on the right track. Thanks to anyone who can help!!
  2. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

First you have to determine if your sound card has midi ins and outs. (some sound blaster cards do) If it does not than you will need a special MIDI cable that hooks into the joystick port of your sound card. I actually have one that I'm willing to sell. New they're around $35 or something.

As for software, you should be able to play the files through windows to your keyboard. You may have to select the midi outs in your control panel to do so. If you would like to record and edit MIDI It depends on how much you want to spend or don't want to spend on a program. There are many good ones out there, as well as free ones that'll suit your needs.
  3. lazygal

lazygal New Member

Thanks

Thanks pearl for the info. I guess it will just take some time and practice to learn about all this new stuff.