Language based forums !

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by ken777, Jul 25, 2003.

1. ken777

ken777 New Member

Hi Ops,

I was thinking of uploading arabic midis, since most of the english ones are already uploaded.

But I'd think that it wouldn't be of much interest to most users, that's y I suggest that U add a group of forums under the name of "Other Languages" or something like that, and in it forum names according to different languages like "Arabic", "Hindi & Urdu" etc.

It would be also ezier for ppl from different countries 2 find midis based on their language.

1 more thing, a request forum would also be a good idea since I also wanted 2 request for an arabic midi, but I just felt tht it wasn't the right place 2 ask 4, although I know a few arabs come in here.

Hoping 2 hear a response.

KeN
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2003
  2. meck

meck New Member

Maybe just put the language in the subject? That way there isn't a separate forum for each language, those looking for Arabic or something else can see it in the subject, and doing a quick search would return all Arabic posts and show them in one place.
  3. Zandro

Zandro New Member

4. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

It would be a pain to have a different forum for different languages. If the demand increases then it might become necessary. meck offered a good idea. Although I perfer people don't post mass quantities of files, no one is stopping from you using different languages. There is a translator at the bottom of most board pages.
  5. VaradeRo

VaradeRo New Member

I think it would be great if there is the possibility to have forums for national music. I am from Greece, I would like to have a place where to find midi files of sosme greek songs.
    The problem is that (since I am new to this board) I do not know if there are other greek guys registered here.
    But I could share my small collection of greek midis and if there is any interest it would be great.

PS. I do not mean that the national foums should be on na different language. I just refer the national songs. It is hard to have a lot of languages on a board, and it would be too hard for the moderators to check these forums.
  6. fou2enve

fou2enve New Member

ops why don't you set up like area forums, maybe one forum for like south asian, one for arabic ones, greece forum etc? Let me here your thoughts
  7. Sputnikman

Sputnikman New Member

How about german files?

Would be greatfull to get some german midis.