Life after Superbowl, what now

Discussion in 'Sports' started by johnrowley, Feb 26, 2005.

1. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Now that Superbowl dust has settled, I have to wait until Sept for more action or play Madden NFL2005. Never been able to see any transmission of the ProBowl or even Aussie Rules Football which our local TV Networks Ch4 or Ch5 used to show. Roll on the rest of the year. Anyone any ideas apart from the 5 nations Rugby?
  2. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Wait it out or try to find another outlet! :laugh:
    Personally, I like to get a few friends together or even better employees together and start a football team... it's fun and it's great for relationship building... although, last year it was basketball and well we finished up in the lower part of the top half of our league (all local businesses)... so we didn't do all too well... but there's no pressure to win either... but we did look good in our gold t-shirts and a few of the other teams commented on how much fun we all seemed to be having even when we were getting our butts whooped... :laugh: besides it's all about having fun and you just don't get that in the pros...
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  3. vbrio

vbrio Lavander Lassie Staff Member Moderator

i believe it's much better participating in the games..though screaming your lungs out for your team could also be fun..;)
  4. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Exactly! Just don't get too carried away with it though... I just saw Friday Night Lights starring Billy Bob Thornton... has everyone seen that now? :laugh2:
  5. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Heh. My next-door neighbor was an extra in that... I'll have to ask him what his number was... :)