Light weight bass ??

Discussion in 'Guitar' started by willi001, Aug 2, 2002.

1. willi001

willi001 New Member

I am looking for a fairly light 5 or 6 string bass..I like to let go of my guitar while performing and the fender 5 string that I use is too heavy..The head stock is so big that it drops forward when I let go...Need something lighter. Any suggestions??
    Willi...
  2. twist

twist New Member

You don't really need another bass, you just need to get your bass strap repositioned on your bass. Your bass should hang properly when you let go of it.. it's all about balance.. If it's leaning forward.. then your strap .. or the screws that it's fixed to aren't where they should be.
  3. ArtieFufkin

ArtieFufkin New Member

Fenders are notorious for being headstock heavy and unbalanced, you could try mini-tuners to lessen the weight. I personally have a Riverhead (product of Headway) that's as light as a feather, yet still has a big, beefy bottom. I believe the company is out of business, but you could try pawnbrokers or E-Bay, or something similar. BTW, you can usually get one dirt-cheap.
  4. NOFX ROCK!

NOFX ROCK! New Member

Would love to try a headless bass. They look cool and the heavy stock problem is gone.