like a stone audioslave

Discussion in 'Filled Requests' started by brian_griese, Feb 25, 2003.

1. brian_griese

brian_griese New Member

i need to have that song pls!!
  2. Zack

Zack New Member

starting working on it to see how it could sound, not too far yet though ;) only a preview :p I probably won't even finish it..lol let alone get much further. I don't know about the solo and no clue how to make the main riff sound right on a midi!:mad: Anybody know much about using delay in midis? lol

mods will check it before it appears.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2003
  3. Jo-

Jo- Soopa Doopa

It sounds good Zack. Please finish it,
  4. Jo-

Jo- Soopa Doopa

Zack you gotta finish Like A Stone and Cochise....

darn, how can you start, give us a tease and leave us hanging?
  5. XGuardianX

XGuardianX New Member

Duddddeee...finish it! :p Audioslave rocks
  6. Zack

Zack New Member

Hey everybody, I can likely finish Cochise first in the other thread first, since the song is overall much easier and I have the issue of Guitar World with it too so I may be able to finish it up tomorrow! NO promises though :p Like a Stone is probably another story though. I was hoping me starting it would inspire someone else to do it ;) Any thoughts on how to do the spacey solo?

Zack
  7. vondownsonfreid

vondownsonfreid New Member

Thoughts on spacey solo...

I believe in Cakewalk Sonar 2.0 you can copy a guitar line and reverse it in another track to create the effect often heard on songs nowadays (the notes kind of crescendo into the acutal note and then fade as they normally do when played).
    In Digital Performer on my Mac I have the ability to add echoes to tracks where I control the amount of delay and the feedback response.
    You do some things manually, by copying the track to two other tracks. In the first copy "shift" the track ahead in time compared to the original track. Lower the velocity making it quiter (kind of a pre-delay). With the other track that you copied you could "shift" it in time later than the original track, again lowering the volume to create a post delay (or echo). When played back, the note itself would be much thicker and it would have some neat dynamics.
    I think the possibilities are endless.... I haven't even gotten into what you could do with note bends.

Hope this gets you thinking,

downsie
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2003
  8. Zack

Zack New Member

Thanks! Very insightful! The way I did it was very primitive which is how it sounds now that I listen to it again :rolleyes: I just know it can be done a lot better. I still have lots to learn so maybe someone with the tools and the talent should tackle this song and let me just put my focus on getting Cochise done and make it sound as good as possible :) Audioslave is still pretty new so I'm sure we'll have all the songs, give it a few years! No rush :p

Zack
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2003
  9. vondownsonfreid

vondownsonfreid New Member

re: Audioslave

Actually, keep up the good work on Cochise. I hate to sound "self-important" but I'm a little busy right now to tackle Like A Stone. Part of what makes you a better sequencer is when you can take the time to do a good job on a file - kind of reinforces/encourages you do tackle other songs/projects.

Rock on,

downsie
  10. supastar33

supastar33 New Member

thanks for sharing...