Live audio backing issue! help!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by olly, Aug 2, 2006.

1. olly

olly Member

I want to go out and play live with bass and keys on backing but Im not sure what the best device to do this with will be? Obviously I need to send a click track to the drummer out say the left side of a stereo out, and then I imagine bass and keys out the right side. I would love to be able to send bass and keys individually out but that would be three outs? Anyone have any ideas on what hardware/software to use? Budget is an issue to some degree, and I have a laptop available. Also, something easy to use on stage would be desirable, as in a footswitch to start each song or the likes... I would appreciate any thoughts? Thanks guys!
  2. blakkie

blakkie New Member

Hey olly.
    I have had this dilemma often in the past. I believe i have a solution, but it does take patience. PCs do have noise and shut off troubles, so I have been using an ipod for the last couple of years, with huge success. left and right are easy, and you can set up your playlist on a constant loop. Heres the tricky bit, if you have the patience, and a video ipod, you can set up all your files as movies, giving you a third channel for separated clic!!! it takes some effort, but once you have the method, the rewards rock.