Live Guitar Sound

Discussion in 'Guitar' started by voice of god, Sep 17, 2002.

1. hypersoniq

hypersoniq New Member

mid 80's Ibanez RG-550
    Zoom 3000 pedal (which I end up only using for distortion and delay... and the so-so cabinet emulator)
    Rogue 50 watt 4-channel PA (for mic and RT-123 drums)
  2. Bricummo

Bricummo New Member

MY LIVE SET UP!!!!!

I use an Ibanez Frank Gambale FGMQM400 quilted maple top, an Ibanez sabre in Purple flame maple and a Parker Fly single deluxe in SIlver.
    FX wise, i dont use backline, I have had this rack called a YAMAHA FX900 since 1991 now and love it!
    It does virtually every sound I want and the distortion is huge!
    I also have a Morley Bad Horsie Wah, Jim Dunlop Talk Box.
    Studio wise, I have the POD Pro wich is amazing! But I'm just too lazy to program it all up and take out live plus I dont wanna be bringing it backwards and forwards each night as I work 5 a week!

I also have a LES PAUL GARY MOORE, PRS CUSTOM 22 in Emerald green, IBANEZ JEM 777 in black, JACKSON WARRIOR PRO in black LEVINSON BLADE in Reverse plum, WARWICK FORTRESS 5 string bass.

As far as acoustics go I have two OVATION slim roundbacks, one in turquoise and one in a plum sunburst, a good old trustworthy YAMAHA Jumbo which sounds great micced up, a YAMAHA AEX 500N slimline nylon elec, and a rare TAKAMINE EF3178 parlour guitar.

I also have two ROLAND VG8s, a ROLAND G1- 10 midi converter and various other bits and bobs!

There you go......oh1 by the way, I use Colgate toothpaste too!

Ha ha, CHeers Brian
  3. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

ha!~~ nice brian!

so what is the best guitar you own Brian ? How do the Ibanez compare to the PRS?

Iam thinking of getting a PRS an Ibanez or a Maton Mastersound
  4. Bricummo

Bricummo New Member

Mmmm, tricky one this.....

personally , I love the Ibanez Gambale, it has a humbucker and 2 single coils, all of which are coil tapped, so the sounds are amazing!!!!
    It also plays like a demon!

But then again, I play in a Santana tribute band and just cant quite get that thick tone without the PRS.
    It has a lovely sound, feels amazing, and plays like a dream! But in a sort of conventional way whereas the Ibanez is more of a machine.....but then you pick up the Parker Fly.......Oh shit! Who cares? I mime anyway! ha ha......

Where are you based? I can get hold of em really cheap!
  5. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

I am in Australia

how cheap are we talkin here? would it be worth paying the extra on freight?

and which guitar is your favourite? come on u can answer, the guitars arent listening
  6. merianne

merianne New Member

For a duo, I would stick with a direct source like POD or POD XT. The sounds in the XT are actually much better than the original POD.
  7. sharkyoz

sharkyoz Member

To " V-O-G " Hey M8 . . As u know Iv got the line 6 pod pro rack & an Ibanez js1000 & same as u , i run straight thru into the P.A. Even when i go on with a band, iv just run my pod thru a 15in speaker like a mackie or similar. B4 anyone says anything TRY IT ! But then i always use the amp simulator anyway. :thumbsup: