Long delay midi in to out when using Sonar

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by Spav, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Spav

Spav New Member

Has anyone else seen this problem:

After leaving Sonar running for some time I am getting a huge delay in the round trip time.

I have set my Korg to local keyboard off and playing via Sonar. Initially this is okay, then after a while the delay I have not noticed this to be gradual.

I use a MOTU parallel port 8x8 midi patch bay that is routing internally without noticable delay. Also the midi montior on the PC shows no real delay on the input, the the output from sonar back to the workstation can be delayed for upto 2 seconds. The monitor shows the delay to be in the PC.

Has anyone else got similar issues.

Thanks
  2. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

I've had this exact problem serveral times before. Try rebooting the computer and then exiting all the unneeded processes and applications.
  3. Anno_Anubus

Anno_Anubus New Member

Its simply a computer issue. Cakwalk, in my experience, tends to take up 'chunks' of paging space, so as you go you could have noticable lagging.
    How much RAM do you have, what's the processor speed, how many plugins are you running, and what else is running besides SONAR when in session?

I used to have that problem till I decided to buy a new computer :)

P.S.- Everyone I've talked to [my opinion also] is that SONAR 4 takes extra space to run compared to SONAR 3, and crashes a bit more. If you have 4, try switching it for 3. I upgraded then went back.
    Last edited: May 6, 2005