Ludwig Accent

Discussion in 'Percussion' started by martynjking, Jan 8, 2005.

1. martynjking

martynjking New Member

does anyone one own one of these kits.

I am starting to drum and have only been doing it a year, but have seen them for sale, cheaper than some other starter kits,

i wondered if these kits where pretty good, i mean it has a good name attached to it
  2. the_freak

the_freak New Member

I have one. I just bought it this fall for around $600. I'm really happy with it. It's about $200 cheaper than anything else in its class. Honestly, I don't think you can get a better set for the money. If money is an issue for you, as it was for me, this is your best bet in my opinion.

The hardware is comperable to anything else you can get. The drums themselves are made of solid birch. Most of the other sets in this price range are made of composite wood. The set also comes with upgraded Remo drumheads instead of stock ones.

Ludwig is a good buy. It is by far the most versitile brand you can get. The bottom line is that it is better quality for less money. I think its a good buy.

As far as color, there's one thing you need to be aware of. The Accent Custom comes in matte finishes and natural finish. The Accent Custom CS comes in gloss finishes. The CS is a little bit better than the straight Custom. The gloss finish is really nice.

Good luck!