M-Audio

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by RnBAdbict, Oct 6, 2003.

1. RnBAdbict

RnBAdbict New Member

hi guys.. I'm steppin up to audio recording now.. i've got my eyes set on M-Audios Delta 66.. does this card come highly recommended? or is there any other options i should go for? i'm in Melbourne City Australia. Hollaaa.
  2. Doc Piano

Doc Piano New Member

Not a bad card, if you will.... depends on what OS (Operating System) you're using. Works ok on Win9x but I haven't tried it on WinXP yet. If you already have the M-Audio then go to their drivers page and make sure you have the latest drivers. Click Here for M-Audio Drivers
    Personally, I've used LOTS of different cards. One of my favs is EchoAudio's MIA. 2 1/4"in and 2 1/4" outs but the "system" sees 4 stereo busses. If you only use 2 inputs at a time, i.e. vocal mono or a stereo guitar then it's a sweet card. New version also has MIDI in and out as well as S/PDIF for digital transfers.
    If you need more physical outputs, then look at the GINA. 2 ins, 8 outs. I use the MIA because all I need is the 2 outs to monitor with. Everything else (the 4 stereo busses) stays inside the computer in the digital domain. Mix to stereo and cut your master. Sweet!!!!
    Just my opinion. Delta card works just fine, BTW. What ever, just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers Mate,
  3. RnBAdbict

RnBAdbict New Member

Yeah thanx mate.. i went for the 66 n it works sweet as bro... thanx for tha reply... look out for my cd... in bout a year.. eheh