Making Midi Files with Sonar(by Cakewalk)

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by zonor, Sep 29, 2002.

1. zonor

zonor New Member

i have this cakewalk program called SONAR. is this good for making midis?
  2. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

::SPLITS THREAD::
  3. midiaxe

midiaxe New Member

zonor,

I use Cakewalk Sonar and here is what I can say about it. It's a good midi sequencing software. It's powerful and easy to use. Been using cakewalk for 5 years now and I like it. Hope this helps...

-MX
  4. sheffers

sheffers New Member

Sonar, (Cakewalk) is one of the strongest and most flexible programs out there.

With that strentgh and flexibility comes a little bit of a learning curve. IMHO, it's well worth it.:cool:
  5. olly

olly Member

Ive been using Cakewalk for as long as I can remember. I suppose Im just used to the format and so on.. but yeah I love it, Ive been using Cakewalk9 and have just started using Sonar, its a bit different but relatively the same, a few things have been improved to my delight, havent used it for audio as yet but I will. Great program even though most people I know use Cubase... cant see any major difference to tell the truth!
  6. chriscc

chriscc New Member

i like the use of soundfonts in sonar to mix down to audio.i agree the learning curve is steep, the program is huge and sequencing plays only one part. once you've fiddled you have a complete recording studio