Making Midi

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by ba021784, Aug 2, 2003.

1. ba021784

ba021784 New Member

What exactly goes into making a midi file equipment wise?
    thanks
  2. cunt

cunt New Member

The bare minimum is a Sequencer program. This is where you can add and manipulate midi events. The next step up would be a keyboard with a midi out and a midi interface for your computer. This would allow the keyboard to send the midi messages and the sequencer program to record these messages.

A good site to look at would be http://www.tweakheadz.com/
  3. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

A sequencing programme like cakewalk or cubase is the basic tool. You should have a reasonably fast computer say running at 800mhz, max memory of 512 under windows 98 and a reasonable sound card such as the Creative live or soundblaster series. These soundcards allow you to load a different bank of sounds into the card. I use a 1Ghz Pentium 3 and Cubase software with Surround Sound 5.1 speakers to get the depth and definition. I put everything in manually instead of keyboard as I don't have room in the bedroom.:)
  4. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Have just checked out the tweakheadz.com page and found some interesting hints and tips like how to build a drum track in very short time. Commonsense and used by the pros but timely info for the newbies. Anybody found any other useful sites recently?