Making Midis

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by DJPINOY78, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Dallas Aussi

Dallas Aussi New Member

I've got Virtual Piano with my Cakewalk (Professional 7) & wasn't impressed - it's harder to use than a midi keyboard. I just use a cheap keyboard I picked up at a garage sale (make sure it's got midi out) & use step recording, which lets you enter notes one at a time & stepping to the next note when you're ready.
  2. Rankinfile

Rankinfile Guardian Angel

Thanks Dallas, I'll give that a try. Any suggestions on a midi interface to my computer? I'm using a Sony laptop with XP.
  3. jojo180

jojo180 New Member

:)

midi is really hard
  4. Rankinfile

jojo180;

Come on man, can't you contribute something to these boards?! These trash posts are already becoming really annoying. Jeez, this 5 post thing isn't really doing anything but making more trash posts...
  5. Kresso

Kresso New Member

for laptop you can use USB interface (like Roland)
    but it' s not cheap
  6. jeo

jeo New Member

You guys were saying about using a keyboard is enough. But i tried to use it for drum its kindda hard though. Like rolling or when i tried to do dance track which the snare need to hit real fast. The main problem i face is its hard to maintain the beat there using normal keyboard. Is there any suggestion how to go about doing it?
  7. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

yeah use a mouse its a lot easier coz u can put the notes exactly where you want them and u can do any kind of roll u want

or use a keyboard to give you a rough guide and then fix it up with the mouse after
  8. Rankinfile

Yeah, I agree with VOG on this one. Use the keyboard to get the general information you want and then go in and edit the individual notes and add the intricate stuff in your sequencing software later. A little bit tedious sometimes but well worth the effort.