"Master of Puppets" released by Sad But True

Discussion in 'Web Sites' started by Kanix, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Kanix

Kanix New Member

A few explainations might be necessary first, so I'll get those out of the way.

I'm in an Internet-based music group called Sad But True. We hail ourselves as a Metallica tribute project. I program MIDI drums for the covers using Cakewalk Sonar 2, and my other bandmates record their respective guitar, bass and vocals over my drums.

We've been doing this music thing since summer 2003, and on the way we've released 10 songs, all covers. Our most recent cover is the title track from Metallica's 1986 magnum opus, Master of Puppets.

The download page here gives information on what went into recording the cover, as well as provides a link to the actual song itself. The navigational menus on the left will show you the other sections of our site, feel free to roam about & leave feedback.

And yeah, the reason I'm posting this here is because people always give MIDI a bad deal for sounding too fake. Well, not anymore. We may not have the world's best sound, but it's a ton better than all the other Internet-based cover groups out there.

Sad But True-Band.com
  2. Kanix

Kanix New Member

Just to add to this, our website broke the 20,000 hits mark. Woot.
  3. doepfer

doepfer New Member

great songs
  4. Kanix

Kanix New Member

:D

Sweet! A fan!

Hehe, thanks.