:: Merged :: whining about MB$ for Downloads

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by adamc260, Nov 14, 2003.

1. adamc260

adamc260 New Member

Very Angry

why suddenly do you have to PAY to download MIDI FILES, they don't belong to this site, people share them, so why should you make people have to use there credit to download them. I THINK THAT IS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... why have you suddenly done that?

Adam!
  2. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

What are you talking about? It's MB Cash, not real money!
  3. adamc260

adamc260 New Member

but still you shouldn't have to pay.... christ, these rules are becoming a bit stupid now, you have to post 5 things, you don't get $50MB from that......
  4. hh85

hh85 New Member

MB CASH? Why?

Why don't you let ppl download the midi files without having MB cash?

I was looking for some midi files ... found them weeee... but have no MB **** back to download them...

It's also hard to earn the f****** MB cash ... 10$ for a new thread, 5 $ for a reply ....... waste of time :(
  5. Si

Si Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

So what do you suggest? That we just let people leech all the midi files and clog up the board with junk posts?

We're trying out a new system as we're constantly looking for ways to improve things.
  6. llhyperdude

llhyperdude New Member

wah...

There is like a ton of ways to make money. Go to the general forum and go to the thread where you click links to earn mb cash. Or in the announcement forum, download the alexa bar (or whatever it is) and get $100. Not too hard. And if you don't like it, leave.
  7. tavenger5

Bandwidth = expensive. If anyone that just came by could download files then I'd be paying out my ass for hosting. If you take it from my perspective you'd see why 30k + members and 2k of them active is not good. This is a fair solution to get the other 28k active.

Also, posting is not the only way you can get MB $. Look around.

Edit: I'm already paying out my ass for hosting... I'd hate to see what it would be if I allowed anyone to download
  8. tavenger5

Posting in this forum does not get you MB $... that is correct. And yes, there are several links throughout the forums that will get you MB $ instantly.

No one has contacted me about writing reviews for the software and book forums.. I'd pay generously for that!
  9. tammy

tammy New Member

mr nice doggy mod ambulance driver.
    what does it say in blue with red surround in your little block? i cannot read it.
    member of the ..??
    founder of the.. ???
    is this some secret sect that only other members can read it?
    your site continues to amaze me with its web of intricacies and secrets.
    i am going to have to get my web site developing boyfriend to look at this site some time...
    sigh if only i can drag him off his computer...
    t
  10. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

11. t310_user

t310_user New Member

U Modds....

No offense dudes but ur alla bunch of crappy idiots....i maby havent readed the rules like it was some *&*&*&*&ing bible....man i was just posting a good *&*&*&*&ing midi file...man dont u want all the peeps to hear the good songs....btw this new mb cash thing sux...get urself a life instead of sitting front of the comp alla day and warn peeps....
  12. t310_user

t310_user New Member

btw...if u warn me or bann me for this it will just prove that ur all the things i sed u were.....
  13. jeaniesing

:laugh::laugh::laugh: < whew > I needed this :)... thanks! So I read your warnings.... looks like you were happy to junk-post up to your 5 posts back in December and now you're whining 'cause someone asked you to follow a few guidelines and be part of a community?

As nice as I am..... I'm sure I don't mind if you go away and leave the community ;)....

:warned for language:... just 'cause I have no life :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:...... (I really needed a good laugh, Thanks)
  14. jeaniesing

THEN I got a concsience and didn't want ALL the newbs to read my post......... LOL... so I moved it here ;)
  15. gapsring

gapsring New Member

i agree with SI, i have my own website for free ringtones and its amazing how many people chew up the bandwidth and they dont give a flying damn about how much its costing you......
  16. Si

Si Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

It says :

Member of the Turnip Chasing Name Glow crew!
    Founder Member of the Programming Parnassian Appreciation Society

Ask Zelriptha or Jeaniesing for more details :)
  17. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Sure, sling mud whydoncha...

'E's jes' barkin' t'av' a go - ain't 'e?

Them big words is like alarums 'gainst me precious ears...

C'mon, then!

*waves fists pugilistically*

Oops...

:p
  18. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

Re: U Modds....

That's one of the most interesting (albeit STUPID) statements I've heard in a long time...

"No offense dudes but..." disclaimer before derrogatory statement

"ur alla bunch of crappy idiots... the derrogatory statement... ?

Crappy idiots, huh?

Anyone else feel sorry for this simpleton?
    Just another poor little ringtone kid, just trying to make his way in this great big, mean world...:sad:

And on the other hand - I fee la little cheated that he's going to go through all the trouble of whipping up a good tonguelashing that falls so utterly short in so many areas... It wasn't worth my time to read it much less respond. :laugh:

EDIT: Included Quote after merge and added a thought
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  19. theARTiSAN

We can solve this problem...
    From now on:

-All staff members will each have a 24-hour-manned 1-800 number (at our own expense)...

-We will take calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from member requesting midifiles... We will scour the net looking for files for you (if we won't have them already).

-We will then fix (if necessary) and burn the files to CD (at our own expense)

-We will then mail it for overnight delivery (why not, huh?) to your home or office (at out own expense).

It's the same concept as sponging bandwidth, and take take taking from a site without feeling as though you have to give anything back...

Of course, there are people who wouldn't feel bad about taking advantage of others in the aforementioned scenario either, right?
    They shouldn't feel bad! Afterall, the world owes them one...

adamc260 - I'm disappointed in you... I would have thought you've been here long enough to see some of these things. :(

20. theARTiSAN

How about the arcade?
    How about the Lottery?
    How about good ole-fashioned posting?
    How about good ole-fashioned begging?

Isn't there anyone left who appreciates a site that provides a free service or product, who doesn't sit around and b*tch about every little thing?
    We don't ask for money, we don't ask for other support... We JUST ask people to get involved and try to energize the community!
    The funny thing is that PAY MIDI SITES don't have to deal with the constant complaining. If you don't like the price - it's assumed you will go somewhere else...
    In this case it's FREE! Where else are you going to go? To the PAY SITES? Anyone else find that amusing?

People put a ton of time and their own money into this site to provide free midi files and ringtones (among other things...). The hosting is expensive, the bandwidth used is mind-numbing... Not to mention the time that your beloved staff invests. Why?
    Because we love to hear complaining :D

I'm going to stop now before I get pi$$ed off...
    THIS B/S is a