midi file to mini disk

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by niggles, Jan 4, 2006.

1. niggles

niggles New Member

Hi Guys,
    I just want to get the midi files from my laptop to my mini disk player and want to buy a soundcard to do it. I was reading the other posts and got v confused. Is the Audigy good enough to convert the sounds to play music in pubs? I would love to know because i want to start gigging the new files soon. I got a friend to record some through his Yamaha psr 3000 and the sounds are brilliant.
    PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
    :confused2 :confused2
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

For gigging, I doubt if the basic GM set which it defaults to will be good enough for your purpose. However, since the Audigy understands soundfonts, the sounds you could get are entirely dependent on the soundfonts you use.

Have you considered using a software soundfont player, instead of buying another card? Something like Synthfont - http://www.synthfont.com/ - would do the job and not cost you a penny.
  3. niggles

niggles New Member

Cheers,
    At the moment i only listen to my midi files through the Van Basco midi player and i dont know how to use sound fonts. Thanks for the tips, some of the sounds on the site you posted are great just wish i could trigger them. I'll probably need to buy the Audigy. Thanks.