midi files? Bin?

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by Brenda9995, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Brenda9995

Brenda9995 New Member

Exactly what is a midi file? Does it have grapics like cd+g? I have had no problem copying my cd+g's with Alcohol 120% but would like to participate in this community and share what I have with what you have and need to learn how to do that. Anyone willing to explain it to me. I have approx 4300 karaoke songs (some repeats, of course). Thanks, Brenda
  2. prosinger

prosinger New Member

Hi Brenda,

Midi files do not generally have karaoke lyrics, they are listed as .mid files. and these are the basic music files. and in certain programs you can alter these by taking the melody out or altering the instruments etc..

I have around 1700-2000 tracks karaoke files cdg and midi files, If there is any which you would like please PM me and I will see if I have these.

Also please do you have any country ones :)

Regards
  3. Brenda9995

Brenda9995 New Member

cdg's and midi's

Hello. thanks for responding. I'm very new to this website. I have about 4700 songs that are cdg but no midi's. I am not a pro and am fairly new to karaoke and trying to find a way to "try" new songs. I can't keep buy cd's only to discover they are way out of my range. I'm not sure what my range is, but I do know that I can't sing the real high notes. Are you old enough to remember Kitty Wells or Loretta Lynn. I do 2 Loretta songs (her others are too high) and I do It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels. I'm looking for all ladies songs that I can find. I can't use midi, I guess, because I need the words.

Have I thoroughly confused you? Can you help me?
  4. prosinger

prosinger New Member

Try these!!!

Brenda,

I have quite a few that you may be interested in I will zip all the kar files I have.

I use a program called karawin which has words if you put karawin in an internet search you should be able to find the free download, basically its a karaoke programme for your computer.

Could you please provide your email address and I eill send the kar files that I have to you.

You do not have to restrict yourself to female songs as sometimes I find my voice is more suited to some male songs as they may be in a better key.

Also with karawin you can adjust the key anyway so you should be able to sing any song.

I do remember loretta lynn I am very much a lover of country music and would love for you to send me any you may have.
  5. Brenda9995

Brenda9995 New Member

I would be glad to share. Is there a way I can send directly from cd or do I need to copy to hard drive. Are cdg and cd+g the same as .kar? I'm sorry, but I told you I don't have much online experience with karaoke stuff. Give me an idea of music preferances.
  6. Brenda9995

Brenda9995 New Member

Is Karawin better than Karfun? And I don't see any zip files.
  7. Brenda9995

Brenda9995 New Member

8. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

Hi Brenda.
    CD+G/CDG and .KAR are very different in how they work and sound.
    .KAR is basically a midi file with graphics, while CDG is actual analog sound with graphics.

Midis are much smaller files because they doesn't actually contain any analog sound - just a series of digitally transmitted "event messages" that tell hardware or software how to make it sound. You won't get background vocals or actual guitar/etc sounds with .kar karaoke.

This site and community deals with midi and .kar, but not cd+g. If you are looking for sources for cd+g karaoke, PM me :)