MIDI In/Out Cables

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by Capt.Sparrow, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Capt.Sparrow

Capt.Sparrow New Member

I'm looking for a reasonably priced midi in/out cable for a yamaha which plugs into usb the only ones ive found so far have been around £50 -60 i need a usb one because i use my laptop and it doesnt have a port that normal midi cables use. Does anyone know of any online shops where i can get one?
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Surely, what you need is a USB cable, not a midi cable (these have 5 pin DIN plugs on each end)? Your local computer shop should be able to sell you one of these - and it should cost a lot less than the sort of figures you are talking about.
  3. Jack

Jack New Member

Ye I beleive that Cables that you are talking about are around 20.00$ Can. At any local music store.
  4. Capt.Sparrow

Capt.Sparrow New Member

thanks guys ill check it out
  5. xskhaos04

xskhaos04 New Member

midi cables

A midi cable is a midi cable pretty much
  6. Capt.Sparrow

Capt.Sparrow New Member

no most midi cables don't plug into usb they plug into a port my laptop doesnt have, thats why im looking for a USB one
  7. Graeme

Graeme New Member

So, coming back to my first post - what connector is on the output of the Yamaha whatever-it-is? If it's USB, you just need a USB cable - which you can get from any computer dealer for a lot less than the figure you mentioned.
  8. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Yamaha do a Usb to midi convertor with the cd software drivers, basically any keyboard with midi in and out (5 pin connerctors) is linke to this little "hub" which has a usb cable straight to computer. Retail at £49.00 in most Uk music stores.