Midi In Out

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by gethegroove, Aug 27, 2004.

1. gethegroove

gethegroove New Member

Isn't this incredible? I wanted to create my own music piece/score, partly using my uh...(NEARLY BRAND NEW) yamaha psr 340....(i know its a bit old)...and I was reading about how you can transfer midi in-out with the new cables...and guess what! one CABLE...just a cable not a computer or a keyboard...just one plain cable here in europe costed 66 EUROS! I mean...that is infact a lot....or maybe is it just my idea? What do you think about it?
  2. timcable

timcable New Member

midi cable - interface

i have a psr 280 - yamaha.
    i wanted to hook it up to my computer.
    i called yamaha and they sell a "interface" cable for $50 us dollars.
    that's the only way to load a midi file into my keyboard. - except - i have read where you can connect to your joystick port ant it will work. that cable would only cost around 10-15 dollars , i would imagine.
  3. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Yamaha do a usb to midi box for around £46.00 inc CD software. It has 2 leads for the midi and a usb plug in. You can buy a midi cable for the joystick port for around £16.00 which has midi in and out on one end and a joystick connection on the other with a thru port for the joystick. You set up your music software to receive midi in and transmit on midi out and set the keyboard to receive midi and all being well you should be able to record and playback through your keyboard.