MIDI Keyboard problems with Windows XP

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by RockOn, Mar 11, 2003.

1. RockOn

RockOn New Member

I have a Casio CTK-501 (about five years old, but still works perfectly) that I am attempting to attach to my Windows XP computer. I already have gotten it to work with a Windows 98 computer. I am using the same program on both machines.

Any advice?
  2. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

What kind of sound card are you using? I'm sure you know how to connect the keyboard to your computer. Make sure the settings are right in the control panel. Where do you hear the midi when you play it?
  3. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

i have this same problem, i have a korg poly synth II, with and midi in/out input .. i attach that to my PC's joystick port..

and..
    umm..

now im stuck..

ps. i have win xp
  4. fabolous

fabolous New Member

get a new 1 :(
    and try
  5. tkasusky

tkasusky New Member

HELP

HELLLLPPPP, I HAVE A CASIO CTK501 KEYBOARD AND I ATACHED IT TO MY PC WITH WIN XP, I USE MUSICTIME DELUXE NOTATION SOFTWARE AND Y CAN PLAY MIDI FILES, I CAN RECORD ONLY MIDI WHEN THE KEYBOARD IS IN NORMAL MODE BUT ONLY PIANO, STRINGS ETC, BUT IF I TRY TO RECORD AN AUTOMATIC RYTHM Y DON'T HAVE ANY DATA , I READ THE DOCUMENTATION AND NOT SAY IF THE KEYBOARD CAN SEND MIDI DATA OF THE AUTOMATIC RHYTMS, PLEASE HELP, I WANT TO RECORD MIDI FILES WITH THIS RHYTMS I CAN DO IT? OR I'M DOING IT WRONG?

THANKS FOR HELP

tkasusky
  6. jack3643

jack3643 New Member

The auto rhythms in your keyboard probably aren't in a midi format. It's the same with my keyboard. Mine has an onboard sequencer. If the keyboard is not in midi mode, the computer sequencer won't record the information as it can't decode it. If your keyboard has a distinct MIDI mode (as mine does) switch to that before trying to record.
    Unfortunately: this means you probably won't be able to record your auto rhythms from the keyboard to the computer.

Hope this helps. (and I share your pain) :S
  7. tonzlee

tonzlee New Member

Same problem here, i don't know how to fix it. Im using Windows XP Pro and Ive connected Keyboard to my Audigy2Platinum EX.