Midi Keyboard

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by pfx, Oct 5, 2003.

1. pfx

pfx New Member

Does anybody know a good MIDI Virtual Keyboard Synthesizer Program. I would like to be able to play MIDI Sounds so I can preview instruments before having to actually compose MIDIs.
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Do you need a visual keyboard on the screen, or will just the replication of instruments be enough? If you just want to hear the instruments, any MIDI sequencer will suffice.
  3. pfx

pfx New Member

On screen visual would be nice but just pressing keys on he keyboard on my computer would be nice to mimic a real synthesizer.
  4. Zandro

Zandro New Member

5. jazzy_jay

jazzy_jay New Member

there's a lot of stuff available. try checking out Native instruments,or novation for some of their products.
  6. pfx

pfx New Member

Do you know of anything that is freeware?
  7. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Any MIDI sequencer can preview MIDI instruments. Why not just use one of those? Anvil Studio is possibly the best freeware MIDI sequencer available.
  8. dazmac

dazmac New Member

OK, so I'm really really new !

I have a midi keyboard, I'm buying a lead tomorrow to connect it up to my PC, I'm gonna download the ANVIL program and have a play. Do I need a driver for the keyboard or will XP recognise it straight away ? Sorry for sounding dumb, but I'm a video man !
  9. Zandro

Zandro New Member

How will you go about connecting it to your PC? USB? Parallel port? What brand/model keyboard do you have?
  10. adamc260

adamc260 New Member

i connected my Technics keyboard up via parallel port. Anvil studio is ok, but i recorded a song in at normal speed, and it played back REALLY REALLY REALLY SLOW!

so i then played it quicker, and it came out normal... So i played the chorus the same speed, quick, and it came out slower than the actualy song..... Why is this..........

Adam!