Midi -> Mobile Phones

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by gateway_2, Jan 2, 2004.

1. gateway_2

gateway_2 New Member

Is it possible to use the *.midi files on mobile phones?
    thx for ya answers...
  2. kustze

kustze New Member

most polyphonic ringtones will support MIDI files, yes. You may have to trim them though, since phones often have a built-in limitation for how long a ringtone can be (around 30 seconds most of the time).
  3. offspring96

offspring96 New Member

yup

i have sprint...w/ sprint there is a website called mobile.hopto.org and you can upload ur own ringtones, screensavers, and apps and dl them to your phone...
  4. ManE

ManE New Member

midi works fine on Series 60 handsets, easiest way to upload is infrared port, if it's there....
  5. lebanese88

lebanese88 New Member

hi thx for ur help
  6. dynamius

dynamius New Member

best part is that if you have a bluetooth enabled phone, or even IR i'm thinking, you can just transfer em over just like that from your computer or another phone... i'm thinking the t610/t616 here
  7. a_nadeem

a_nadeem New Member

well u can use midis on some phones but for samsung mobiles u have to convert them using a software like psm player. U have 2 convert the midi into an mmf.
  8. DuoDreamer

DuoDreamer New Member

You can also send ringtone midis to your phone with a data cable if you don't have an IR port or bluetooth on your phone. Check ebay or cell phone accessory websites for data cables for your specific model.