Midi problem PLEASE HELP :(

Discussion in 'Computers' started by alyg, Sep 25, 2009.

1. alyg

alyg New Member

Hey guys so here's the problem... I have a Yamaha PSR-172 which I have used for months as my main and only midi controller with Reason 4 and a Edirol UM-1SX midi-usb adapter.

It used to work fine until I moved to my new house.. I bought a new midi to usb interface and it didn't work then I figured it could be the cable but it turns out my cable is fine... everything installs correctly but when I go into reason and it asks me to play a key so it recognizes it nothing happens... and also a light used to come on the usb adapter when I turned my keyboard on but it doesn't anymore.. so I'm guessing it's either a problem with the keyboard or something with the computer... anybody have any ideas?
  2. christy123

christy123 New Member

as far as the keyboard goes make sure the keyboard transmit function is on -

u could try a master reset too - check the manual - its usually switch on keyboard with 1 or 2 different buttons pressed - check the manual - if not google for the reset buttons ( if it even has the feature)

i have a roland r-70 drum machine - i had to do a full reset because i screwed up a midi setting - i couldnt find the reset buttons - so i opened the dam thing and remover the battery - that finally resetted it.

u say it used to work - if its not ur cabels it must be a setting - reset both keyboard and soundcard and software - see if it helps

good luck
  3. gold5127

gold5127 Guest