midi sequencers

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by chopsticks12, Jan 14, 2005.

1. chopsticks12

chopsticks12 New Member

Okay, so in case you're wondering, I am a newbie to the world of sequencing. I have always wanted to either take popular songs and sequence them in my own ways, or create original works. The main question I have for everyone is what midi keyboard / sequence would you recommend the most? I have shopped around so far and have found many. Some of the features I do not understand. I am stuck. What features would I want in an midi keybaord / sequencer? Will I be able to write my own music, and then using various instruments, create a recording? I hope I can get some advice.
  2. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

I use a keyboard with general midi and a pitch bend. It can be something like the Yamaha PSR series or DGX series. The one I use is an old Roladn A80 dummy keyboard which triggers 2 sound modules, the Roland JV880 (remember them?) and EMU Classica keys for the Hammond organ sounds. Use Cubase VST in the stuiod with the SampleTank software add in and the samples are awesome! Fantastic piano etc. The keyboard is for playing in the notes and you edit the sound in the software and output through the keyboard or soundcard or Sampletank into a mixing desk and monitors. I record onto a Roland Digital Recorder. Hope this helps.
  3. dpalmer

dpalmer New Member

finale 2004....