MIDI setup

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by The Donkey, Feb 5, 2004.

1. The Donkey

The Donkey New Member

Hi to anyone who can help me.. I'm a newie and I'm desperately trying to set up my PC with MIDI. I have an old TR505 drum machine and a new Yamaha EZ30 keyboard. I want to start composing some of my old toons into the 21st century - but don't know where to start. I have ACID PRO software, but everytime I link up the keyboard, there seems to be a short delay of a millisecond for the sound to come out the PC speakers - I am getting more and more frustrated and would love anyone to help me out so I can get on. I don't know the difference between MIDI MAPPING, TRIGGER etc. etc. I've also lost the TR505 manual, so again, if anyone can help - SHOUT at me!!!!
    :confused2
  2. Luiza*Cunha

Luiza*Cunha Charmed Trainee with Goa'uld inside! Staff Member Super Mod

I don't know if this will help but I found the Roland TR505 Rhythm Composer MANUAL here.
  3. The Donkey

The Donkey New Member

Thanx for that...i'll check it out.
    :thumbsup:
  4. Luiza*Cunha

Luiza*Cunha Charmed Trainee with Goa'uld inside! Staff Member Super Mod

Glad to be of service! :D
  5. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

First make sure your sound card is up-to-date driver wise. Also if you are using a sound card older than 4 or 5 years you should go buy a new one, old sound card don't work well with new software.

Also what version of Acid Pro are you using?
    Because I don't think that older versions of Acid Pro fully supported MIDI. If this is the case you should look into buying some sequencing software. Look around a little but I would personally recommend Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, see www.cakewalk.com.