Midi sites

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by pballer547, Jan 4, 2005.

1. pballer547

pballer547 New Member

I was wondering why midis are so hard to find, im a new member and havent seen that much of this site. But as far as other ones, Midis seem to be extremely hard to find, compared to about 4 years ago or so. I can find mp3 sites easier than I can midis. Why is it?
  2. fidelio

fidelio New Member

It might just be the other way around, midi files (free) are a lot easier to find than mp3, though it's true that midis were even easier to find back 4,5 yrs ago.
    You can still find most of the midi versions of popular hits from the 60s, 70, 80s and many midis from the 90s.
    However, current top hits are much easier to find in mp3 than midi.
    This may be an indication that there were more people interested in sequencing midis back a few yrs ago than nowaday.

The Van Basco & MusicRobot search machines can get you many midis, but don't expect to find new, current songs in midi though.
  3. BadVendetta

BadVendetta New Member

Oh thank you soo much i was looking for some too!:eek:
  4. ds ghst 07

ds ghst 07 New Member

Do you any site that has NEW midis? Like New York or other hot ones? Thnaks
  5. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Visit The Web Sites forum and see if you can find some that way. An alternative is to use MIDI search engines that are easily located with Google. MIDI files for every new song aren't readily available until someone decides to sit down, sequence, and publish them. If you are willing to spend a little cash, I bet you'd be able to find many of the modern songs in the HitTrax MIDI Database, here.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  6. BarryC

BarryC New Member

Search Google MIDI and look at some of the sites on top of their list, many selections and some of them post current songs :) FINDMIDIS.com does Im sure of
  7. chopsticks12

chopsticks12 New Member

Where can I find sites that have midis of new songs? I search through Google, but have a hard time of finding full-length free midis of certain songs. Any suggestions are welcome.
  8. Zandro

Zandro New Member

9. Betty_Boop

Betty_Boop New Member

midi files today vs years ago

Ok, about 6 to 7 years ago midis were even hard to find then, only if you were looking for something really new. Once people became familiar with a popular song, someone would take the challenge to sequence it to get it up on the net for everyone. But the days of the Dance Midi House and Fresh Midis and other sites were having a lot of controversy over midis from FOX, so it became more difficult to find midis. Does anyone remember those sites and links that would pop up asking everyone to "Save Midi sites or Keep midis free?"

Now there are sites who have to pay for the copyright of midis and they sell the files for profit. Which is okay, but a lot of these sites reuse the midis from other people and just change the information inside the file and place it on their web page and sell them as if it were their own. They search the internet too to find the files they want to put on their sites. The sad thing about it, there nothing we can do about it. I just stick with the normal way of finding midis as does everyone likes to get them for free. If I really like the song and can't wait to get it, I just might have to pay for it, that's all.
  10. Gafo

Gafo New Member

If you are looking for recent midi songs you will find some webpages but they are charge for every midi they have.

Sorry my english. I can't speak very well.
  11. nmenme

nmenme New Member

midi popularity has waned with the general crowd and with fewer people searching for them, less sites are around