Midi software and problems

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by ncquinta, Aug 7, 2004.

1. ncquinta

ncquinta New Member

Hey

The software I use for creating/editing midis is Music Sculptor (similar do Presto). My question is: is it to lame? Because nothing in it is automatic, you have to type notes to record songs. Even if my interest in midi is not professional, should I get another software?

I'm having 2 problems with it, I was hoping someone could help me figure them out:

:hit:

1 - When I'm recording, there's a delay between when I press the key and when it's recorded. It's almost impossible to record something good with it.

2 - When I first had the software, the notes of the song would appear on the keyboard when it was playing. Now it doesn't anymore.

Thanks in advance!
  2. midiprog2000

midiprog2000 New Member

Hi ncquinta,

I wouldn't go for Music Sculpture. It's too old and too limited. If you're looking for a good freeware midi sequencer, try "Quartz Audiomaster Freeware". You can find it here:
    http://tucows.mundofree.com/win2k/preview/154542.html

Your other problem (delay) has nothing to do with your sequencer software. Is it possible that you are using a software synth ?
    If you are using the "Microsoft GS wavetable software", then try another option (use the sounds from your soundcard).

Kind regards,
    Alain Besseleer
  3. kuerbo

kuerbo New Member

So, did you fixed it? That quartz software is a great freeware!.
  4. ncquinta

ncquinta New Member

Well, I'm downloading that Anvil Studio Catalog. Do you guys think it's good? I'm not looking for anything too advanced, but I'd like one that shows the notes that are being played.
  5. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Another kinda bare bones one I like is WinJammer Shareware. Not the best, but it does some things my version of Cakewalk Home Studio doesn't do (SysEx editing).
  6. I<3Rings

I<3Rings New Member

Quartz AudioMaster Freeware 4.6

That Quartz AudioMaster Freeware 4.6 is nice! Thanks!
  7. Bobsickal W

Bobsickal W New Member

Cool cheers guys never heard of that b4 it rules