MIDI to CD

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by ilenz, Sep 9, 2003.

1. ilenz

ilenz New Member

I just registered yesterday and can't seem to find the right tools/methods to convert a midi file into an mp3, wav or cda file. Sorry if I sound ignorant...never thought about looking into midis until now. Isn't learning a beautiful thing?!

:werd:

lenz

thx for any advice!
  2. Archangelis

Archangelis New Member

just search on google for midi converters it is extremely easy to convert midis to other formats but no the other way round
  3. Adgeny

Adgeny New Member

You need to find a program that allows you to record Midi and Audio tracks... for example PT8 By PG music will allow you to send your sound card to an audio track... then with a press of a button converts that audio track to an mp3.
  4. Zandro

Zandro New Member

With the power of SoundFont-compatible SynthFont created by Kenneth Rundt, one is capable of rendering MIDI to WAV with an outstanding high quality result. Look into http://www.synthfont.com/ for this freeware tool.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2003
  5. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

The synthfont looks interesting. Have checked the site and will download. Thanks for the info.
  6. pepefan

pepefan New Member

So you don't have to pay for that stuff?
  7. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Not if you know the right software to use.
  8. AcidX

AcidX New Member

Yeah Zandro's right, but I won't go babbling on about all the freeware/unlimited evaluation shareware programs I have...

These WAV's are they copatible with Flash? And how big does it make em? Like Filesize compared to the MIDI...

edit: Yeah I tried listening to his, just my comp goes screwy when using .wma files - I think they're the ones I'm meant to be listening to...
    Also; WAV files work on CD's right? If not, anyone got a link to a WAV/MP3 - CDA thingy?
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2003
  9. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Macromedia Flash?

Yes, WAV files do work as CDA.
  10. baerli75

baerli75 New Member

If use a modern

Soundcard like Soundblaster Live! you can record your midi-sound with tools like soundforge or cooledit (over the function "record what you hear"). Often you can activate this option over the loudspeaker settings in the tray (win2k, winxp).
  11. songer

songer New Member

you can record the midi in a recorder (DAT/mini disc/tape) then record it back to your pc as a .wav file... then burn it to a cd. i've done this several times. minidisc or DAT doesn't alter the quality of your midi the way it sounds from your soundcard or soundmodule.
  12. Zandro

Zandro New Member

...So your sound card does not use loopback? Even my Crystal SoundFusion FM chip built in 1993 fused to the motherboard supports loopback.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2003