MIDI to MP3????

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by radiz, Feb 13, 2004.

1. radiz

radiz New Member

Okay, I know how to convert Mp3 to MIDI, but how do you convert MIDI to MP3's. I wanted to put the MIDI music files on a Music CD, but need to convert MIDI to MP3 first. Anyone have an idea?
  2. nomizzzz

nomizzzz New Member

Damn, nobody knows how to do this? This is something I've been wondering about a long time
  3. vinsanity

vinsanity $¢®ëWëзµÞ

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  4. Bobsickal W

Bobsickal W New Member

^^^ Cheers for that, I'm pretty new so that was a dam good help!
  5. DJ-KOS

DJ-KOS New Member

Hey, man!! Use a "Nero Burning Rom" software! Find it on any download-server. It can burn an audio cd with mp3, wave and MIDI - all you need!!
  6. Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara New Member

Roxio's Easy CD/DVD Creator also lets you burn straight from MIDI to CD, I believe. For distribution elsewhere, I use a program called LP Recorder (it costs a few dollars but I got it free off a magazine CD). I can record from the MIDI synth to WAV and then just use a converter to MP3 or WMA.
  7. cobraxt

cobraxt New Member

i was thinking maybe you could play the midi using winamp or something and using a program such as cooledit to record it in realtime to an mp3 file
  8. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Well, that makes you one up on the rest of the world! I'd be careful making a bold statement like that.

Easiest thing in the world. Play the midi through whatever soft/hardware you normally use and record the audio output. This will likely give you a .wav file which you can convert to MP3.
  9. dxee

dxee New Member

the midi can sound very different, it depends on what synthez you use. you can use SF2 sound fonts to render your midiz more beutifull
  10. Durden

Durden New Member

Originally posted by radiz
    Okay, I know how to convert Mp3 to MIDI

This is something I would be very interested in.

Tried most of the so called software for this and guess what?................

They all SSSSSUCK!!!!!!

To the best of my knowledge it cannot be done. But if you can please prove me wrong.
  11. kwells7444

kwells7444 New Member

You can also use FL studio to play the midi out your USB to Optical converter to record into a CD recorder, then use Cool Edit Pro to "import from CD", then use any MP3 decoder such as Exact Audio Copy to convert to MP3.
  12. Marx

Marx New Member

hey the first program doesnt seem to work - when i click to test my soundcard it says "Error **** You"

lol - jk but seriously theirs an error when i test my card
  13. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Mind your language. Nobody will be able to help you unless you present to us the actual error you have received.
  14. =^..^=

=^..^= New Member

i use a freeware mp3 recording program, just play the midi and record.

there is also a midi to mp3 plug-in but that would sometimes lock my computer up.
  15. spicer23

spicer23 New Member

if u input ur midi into a file like reason or logic u can export as audio file, then convert that file to mp3
  16. bpoc

bpoc New Member

midi to mp3

Using a mini jack patch cord (it has a stereo male mini jack on each end), and assuming that you are playing the midi file with your computer, plug your soundcard output into your soundcard input. If you don't have one, make one using two headphone ends (disfunctional ones of course). Yes, plug the computer into itself! Make sure that your input is active (checkmarked) in control panel/multimedia/record icon, not the microphone. The soundcard's midi is being sent to the input as audio. You'll have to try it a few time to get the best level. Use whatever application you like to use to record that audio in real time. Then convert .wav to mp3 using whaterver utility you desire. I do it all the time. It works great.
  17. spleenman

spleenman New Member

In my opinion, one should distingush two basic ways for converting MIDI to mp3:

a) having the PC's sound card (or equivalent built-in setup) to create sounds from the MIDI score;

b) using a PC program that includes it's software for sound sysnthesis.

Using a) or b) depends wheteher you have a good sound card or not.

Normally, I use a) because I have a Roland synthesizer card and it generally sounds better than standard cards and software synthesizers. However, an easy solution for case b) is using a program named Timidity that you may get form here:

http://www.topshareware.com/Easy-TiMidity -download-8161.htm
  18. sunky

sunky New Member

any1 more into midi
  19. music_2000

music_2000 New Member

there is a program called av rack that will save sound output from your PC as a WAV
  20. midman

midman New Member

WAVmaker is the answer. I wanted to buy the software, but you cannot download it all (the whole CD) and I am in Europe... Another possibility is NI Kontakt...