Midi--> wav

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by rogelio, May 18, 2004.

1. hallie

hallie New Member

But does anyone know a way to render a MIDI To WAV so that the rendered file sounds exactly the same.

I know you can render a midi to wav using ACID PRO, but ya have to use the software based midi synth which sounds terrible.
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

I assume all you have to do is loop-back record it, if I'm catching your drift.
  3. hallie

hallie New Member

Just wanna be able to render a midi to wav file.
  4. Graeme

Graeme New Member

I can't see where your problem is?

If you're listening to a midi playback and it sounds OK to you, then all you have to do is record the audio output of whatever is making the sounds.
  5. hallie

hallie New Member

But its annoying doing the real-time recording process. When I do it that way I usually get a few glitches in the output file.

With rendering its way faster & you got less chance of a dodgy output.
  6. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Define 'annoying'. You mean you can't spend a few minutes getting it right?

In which case, you need to check out your computer setup. Obviously, something is wrong somewhere.

However, you don't get the sounds you want - which is where we came in.

Sort out your computer and stop wanting everything yesterday and you'll be able to make some decent recordings.
  7. hallie

hallie New Member

Fair enough,

But I haven't got the money for an upgrade, but I would thing there is some program that can render midis to wav.

Isn't that what this post was about?
  8. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Who said anything about an upgrade or spending money. You obviously have some fundamental problem with your computer, but it's almost certainly something which can be sorted by simple tweaking of the records buffers or something like that.

.. but you haven't got the money for an upgrade.

The post was about turning a midi file into an MP3. The point we are trying to get across is that most computer have sufficient bits and bobs on them to allow you to do this without adding anything else (or spending money).
  9. xcalc24

xcalc24 New Member

is there also a mac program out to do that job?
  10. korger1

korger1 New Member

open wavelab click record all from mixer settings if you are using sb live then open winamp play the midi while playing midi record from wavelab and there ya go !!
  11. themidigooru

themidigooru New Member

one way i have found to convert midi to wave without buying lots of software is using windows movie maker. open the midi creator program you use, then open windows movie maker. click on the timeline button and then the mic. it will popup a new window. before you start recording do a sound check adjusting both the midi's volume and the recording volume tell its playing at about high green to low yellow. then rewind the midi, push the record button movie maker and asap push the play button on the midi program. let it play until the end and then push stop.save program were you want it and now you can play it at any time and also beable to put it on a cd and play it on any cd player. kool, huh.
  12. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Interesting, but Winamp is the best way to go in my opinion. With MIDI plugin v2.6a, select the Output tab, enable Sampling, select your preferred output device as the source, keep the format in a high quality setting (44100Hz stereo 16bps) and tick the 'Write WAV files to' box. Play the MIDI, and it'll save it as WAV in real-time!
  13. fidelio

fidelio New Member

What's wrong with SynthFont then?
  14. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Oh, forgive me! I was saying that without the consideration that many people do not have an Emu-10Kx engine on-board to load SoundFonts directly into memory. Without a hardware SoundFont engine, SynthFont is probably the best way to go. I like Timidity, too.
  15. ricehands

ricehands New Member

good advice