MMF file can have vocal

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by jeo, Nov 18, 2003.

1. jeo

jeo New Member

Hi everyone
    I've been playing around on midi on my phone only recently i start to explore mmf files. I realise that mmf file can have vocal inside which is sort of like a true tone(i.e wav file) I tried to convert a wav file to an mmf file but it always return an error msg. Anyone tried successfully?
  2. rpalmer83

rpalmer83 New Member

MMF files can have a vocal inside but It is limited due to the sizes of the files and as far as I am aware there is no 'FREE' software which will allow you to create an MMF containing a vocal
  3. KhuLie

KhuLie New Member

there's a free s/w that you can use to convert wav to mmf file, I use PsmPlay 5.0 and i succes, but the result is very2 bad.
  4. rdeol

rdeol New Member

I've tried using mobile music polyphonic to convert to mmf files but they are only a sec or two, don't work that good. I have been unseccessful at it.
  5. jeo

jeo New Member

Yeah i tried using using psm player too. Manage to convert the wav file to mmf file. But the quality of the vocal is quite bad. I hear some very clear ones before. Not sure how they do it though
  6. AMD

AMD New Member

Im intrested

what is MMF and what kind of telephones are playing it??:confused2
  7. duke

duke New Member

hmm

i had heard or read somewhere that this was true...it seems as tho it is true! thanks for the post!
  8. immortal636

immortal636 New Member

what if u mixed a wav w/ a midi and turned it into a mmf?
  9. NeGe0

NeGe0 New Member

I tried to convert some wav files into mmf but had no luck with them. Most of the time they are too big and can't upload em. Maybe a mix with a midi file would work but what would you add to it?
  10. jeo

jeo New Member

Cool. Thats a great ideal. We could try mixing midi and wav file and convert them into mmf. Hey i wanna upload an .mmf file for everyone to hear but it say its not a valid file extension. Anyone can help?
  11. joni11

joni11 New Member

if u want to upload here then u can try to use psm player to convert into midi file
  12. jeo

jeo New Member

Well i can't change it to a midi file. I'll just post the wav files and u guys convert it yourself. Was trying to do the THX surround sound effects. Think it will be damn cool for that as a ringtone or message tone. But the size is too big for the phone to accept. Can't trim the beginning or ending coz that is the most impt part(at least which i think). Tried to reduce it to 8 mono bit pcm format which is the furthest i can stretch it without compromising the quality too much. But without much success. Anyone tried before? Opps...i can't upload wav file also. No point uploading the midi which i tried to convert it back to wav or mmf there is no more sound in it.
  13. jeo

jeo New Member

Hi
    I've found this .mmf file from another site. It is actually a combination of midi and wav file. I've tried to put it into samsung s300 but it said entity too large. I've crop it close to 17kb it still has the same problem. I've thought of taking out certain channels but the difference is very small. Anyone know the maximum size the phone can hold? Attach is the file

Attached Files:

14. klotzi

klotzi New Member

Did anyone get this thing to work yet ?
  15. TreyDCrazy

TreyDCrazy New Member

do mmfs work on flstudio4?