>MOD to MIDI Conversions<

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by Zandro, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Zandro

Zandro New Member

I played around a little with my classic music format collection, and forgot that I knew how to convert MOD/S3M/IT/XM to MIDI exceptionally well.

I wanted to share a couple of samples from my hours of renovating a few popular titles, and ask that if anyone has requests for an upgrade to their favorite past MOD, let me know and I'll happily accept them if possible.

*Shrugs* I have nothing better to do.

By Synth Dream

Sould Binder

Note: Not to be perverted with GM.DLS/Microsoft GS Software Synth. Use SoundFonts with SynthFont or an EMU10KX card.
  2. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Interesting stuff. Were there many MODs that weren't really synthy types? I had an old Bladerunner MOD that was pretty good, but I've got a much better XG MIDI. I sort of missed the MOD scene since I never had an Amiga.
  3. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Most were poorly done, but there are mentionables. Several entrepenuers converted hundreds of Commodore SIDs to MOD, but proper use of the MOD format can effectively out-perform the SID by leaps and bounds in terms of realism, with its introduction of mainstream WAV synthesis applications. A major drawback, however, is that the samples cannot be more than 8.363 KHz, 8-bit in quality.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2005