Mp3 to Midi

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by afgomez, Jan 16, 2003.

1. ermines

ermines New Member

by the way, FARID K, how do use a score extractor? i have it at home but just can't seem to operate it.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy New Member

i wish u could convert mp3 - midi! But until that day (probably never) just keep sequencing or search for an already finished midi
  3. sjenky

sjenky New Member

a good one is also Widi, it's a bit outdated , but its really good, althoug you might want to edit the mp3 in a mp3 program first, remove the unnesisary sounds(hightones) and convert it in midi with widi. After that just edit the midi in cuebase. and u got a great midi in just 5 hours :Dhehe
  4. dmx12354

dmx12354 New Member

you can buy them at stores..or download them from kazaa.com but it's a risk because it's illegal
  5. bigbamboob

bigbamboob New Member

Intelliscore does work if you know how to use it, you cant just click on convert and think its going to do all the work. You go into the settings before you convert and then set the amount of sounds to listen for then it will work.

www.intelliscore.net/
  6. bigbamboob

bigbamboob New Member

You can also use a program called Kazaa.... I am sure you all have heard of it but you might want to try KazaaLite K++ this will allow you to get as many resualts as you want. In one search I was able to get over 28,000 search resualts for only midi files.
  7. keppeler

keppeler New Member

do not try it - it is a waste of time. there is no good software out there, which makes a satisfactory conversion.

cheers
  8. danyj

danyj New Member

You;ll need to learn how to sequence !
  9. celtictony

celtictony New Member

10. keeblaelf

keeblaelf New Member

The user interface for Intelliscore's Mobile Music Polyphonic program is really badly done...unless you know what you're doing, you will have no idea how to use any of the features it has...
  11. Sera

Sera New Member

Through experience, I have tried mp3 or wav to midi and it does not sound right. There is software that is out there that it can convert mp3 to midi, some of it doesn't work too bad on a simple single instrument but not on a multi instrument on mp3 or wav. and even the single instrument files are not perfect and must be edited using some sort of midi editing software. The only way to get a good midi is compose it, note for note with midi software.
  12. Highlandah

Highlandah New Member

that would be nice if mp3 could convert to midi, or better if phones in the future would just play mp3's
  13. elucase

elucase New Member

A simple way to make a midi file is to use a keyboard. My sister just bought one and you can just hook it right into your computer and record a midi file. Just learn to play.
  14. kallisto

kallisto New Member

Widi works for me most of the time
  15. Kisps

Kisps New Member

You have to understand that mp3 and MIDI are completely different formats. MIDI files do not contain any sound, but they do store information that tells the media player how to play the file (i.e, which notes/samples to play). Mp3s are compressed recordings of sound and don't contain any instruction that tells the client what tempo/samples/etc. to play. HOWEVER, it would be possible to create a MIDI file by somehow converting tones in mp3 files into MIDI format (i don't think i'd trust the accuracy of such a method, but with a lot of time and patience, it can be done!) ;D
  16. MR|DUCK

MR|DUCK New Member

Thanks for the usefull tips!
  17. Coco78

Coco78 New Member

Which program to convert mp3 to midi format nokia
  18. mest182x

mest182x New Member

coco, no program does that. you have to go to download.com and download a mp3 to wav converter then wav to midi..
    but it sucks so dont bother
  19. Clal2olV

Clal2olV New Member

harmony-central.com has good midi tools tooo
  20. cmfrtblyn

cmfrtblyn New Member

It can't really be done without soundin like shit!